How to Sling in HD with 722 and slingbox?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JHSATELLITEGUYS

Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Hi,
As a noobie to Dish, when it comes to hardware, could I trouble some veterens here for advice. My VIP722 is now developing the habit of freezing during recorded shows. This is in addition to freezing when fast forwarding and intermittent audio drop outs. After doing some reading, I suspect it's a hard-drive going bad. Any confirmations?

With the 922 being released, my knowledge of "Slinging" has been awakened. After reading various reports, I like to stay with the 722/722k and a slingbox. My question is how does one sling in HD? The 722 has an HDMI for TV1 and coax SD fo TV2. I'm assuming I can connect to the component ports and sling what TV1 (HDMI) is seeing since both HDMI and Component is active simultaneously. Is this a correct assumption if I want to sling HD to TV2 (assuming Sling 300 reciever is available in the near future and compatible with Sling PRO HD)?

Thank you in advance for your help

First, check your HDD temps. For best operation, the average temp should be under 120. There is a very informative thread on 622/722 temps and how to keep the unit cool.

Hi,
With the 922 being released, my knowledge of "Slinging" has been awakened. After reading various reports, I like to stay with the 722/722k and a slingbox. My question is how does one sling in HD? The 722 has an HDMI for TV1 and coax SD fo TV2. I'm assuming I can connect to the component ports and sling what TV1 (HDMI) is seeing since both HDMI and Component is active simultaneously. Is this a correct assumption if I want to sling HD to TV2 (assuming Sling 300 reciever is available in the near future and compatible with Sling PRO HD)?

Thank you in advance for your help
At the moment you are better off with your 722 and a Slingbox Pro HD which does a better job of Slinging content then the 922 does. The 922 requeres you log in and watch the Slingfeed at the DISH Network website which is a pain.

With a 722 and a seperate slingbox you can watch your Slingbox using the Slingplayer software which gives you a much better interface and is easier to use.

In the future the 922 will be at least an even choice as software Slingplayers are released for it. In addition you will have the ability to Sling TV2 in HD to another TV in your house with the Sling Receiver which is coming out later this year.

But if you are buying today... I would go with the 722 and externa Slingbox.

Hi,
As a noobie to Dish, when it comes to hardware, could I trouble some veterens here for advice. My VIP722 is now developing the habit of freezing during recorded shows. This is in addition to freezing when fast forwarding and intermittent audio drop outs. After doing some reading, I suspect it's a hard-drive going bad. Any confirmations?

I am very curious - Can you clarify the relevance of your post to the OP's question?
The OP was complaining about a possible hard drive failure. I referred him to a thread about checking the drive's temps and cooling the drive to prevent failure. His post was not only about a Slingplayer.

The OP was complaining about a possible hard drive failure. I referred him to a thread about checking the drive's temps and cooling the drive to prevent failure. His post was not only about a Slingplayer.

I appreciate the link and will use the cooling info on the replacement unit.

At the moment you are better off with your 722 and a Slingbox Pro HD which does a better job of Slinging content then the 922 does. The 922 requeres you log in and watch the Slingfeed at the DISH Network website which is a pain.

With a 722 and a seperate slingbox you can watch your Slingbox using the Slingplayer software which gives you a much better interface and is easier to use.

In the future the 922 will be at least an even choice as software Slingplayers are released for it. In addition you will have the ability to Sling TV2 in HD to another TV in your house with the Sling Receiver which is coming out later this year.

But if you are buying today... I would go with the 722 and externa Slingbox.

Thank you for the input. Have you by chance had success in slinging High Def to a secondary TV? Trying to get a mental picture on how the exact setup and connections will be needed to view high def on both the priamary TV and a secondary TV in another room. The only receiving device I know of for TV2 is the SlingCatcher that's discontinued and not full HD capable.

Thank you again.

I have not been able to sling from my 922 to TV2 in HD since the Sling adapter is not out yet.

The Slingcatcher does not do HD and does not support the 922. :(

Thanks! I missed that tidbit.

At the moment you are better off with your 722 and a Slingbox Pro HD which does a better job of Slinging content then the 922 does. ......But if you are buying today... I would go with the 722 and external Slingbox.

Scott,
Does the external Slingbox Pro HD work with the 622 and my wife's new iPad?
Thanks,
Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)