How to stop the darn download stream?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tugboat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I just connected the Netgear USB wireless to a 622 and decided to test it by streaming a movie. All went well for the test and I didn't want to watch the movie anymore, so I hit the "stop" button. This took me back to live TV, but didn't stop the download. I went back in to see if there was an option to stop it, but it only had the option of resuming, restarting or cancel. I then decided to try and test stream an HD movie and when I tried it told me it would take over 2 hours to start once the previous movie was done. I don't want it to download a movie I no longer wish to watch, so how do you stop it? In the end I had to remove the adaptor, but figure it will probably start downloading again once I plug it back in.

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's any way to stop the download once it starts. I've never noticed any option for that.

I have had downloads that were in progress and apparently because I disconnected the ethernet or rebooted the switch they just disappeared.

Mary (either here or on DishSupport) has stated that the only way to kill it is to unplug the network. :( If you let it download all the way, one of the buttons in My Rentals becomes Delete. Otherwise you can't delete a program queued up or in the act of downloading.

Well that's a bummer. The thing I like about Netflix is the ability to start and scan though a movie to see if anything about it catches my eye and makes it worth watching. With the inability to stop the stream on Dish, that won't be an option unless I disconnect the network each time. Hopefully they'll address this issue in the near future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)