How to stop the darn download stream?

Tugboat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I just connected the Netgear USB wireless to a 622 and decided to test it by streaming a movie. All went well for the test and I didn't want to watch the movie anymore, so I hit the "stop" button. This took me back to live TV, but didn't stop the download. I went back in to see if there was an option to stop it, but it only had the option of resuming, restarting or cancel. I then decided to try and test stream an HD movie and when I tried it told me it would take over 2 hours to start once the previous movie was done. I don't want it to download a movie I no longer wish to watch, so how do you stop it? In the end I had to remove the adaptor, but figure it will probably start downloading again once I plug it back in.

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's any way to stop the download once it starts. I've never noticed any option for that.

I have had downloads that were in progress and apparently because I disconnected the ethernet or rebooted the switch they just disappeared.

Mary (either here or on DishSupport) has stated that the only way to kill it is to unplug the network. :( If you let it download all the way, one of the buttons in My Rentals becomes Delete. Otherwise you can't delete a program queued up or in the act of downloading.

Well that's a bummer. The thing I like about Netflix is the ability to start and scan though a movie to see if anything about it catches my eye and makes it worth watching. With the inability to stop the stream on Dish, that won't be an option unless I disconnect the network each time. Hopefully they'll address this issue in the near future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)