How to switch to Live programming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

StephanATL

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
United States
I was wondering if there was a way to directly switch to live programming when watching a bufferized broadcast? I sure can change channel and come back to live TV, but I believe there must be a way to code the remote to automatically catch up to live broadcast (Comcast already did it 8 years ago). I tried to search the forum but must have not used the proper key words.
Thanks!

If you use the FF button and hit the Skip forward button you will jump forward to the next time mark on your buffer bar. This makes moving forward much faster. Unfortunately there is no button on the DirecTV remote that will do a one jump to live.

John

Thanks John.
Yes I have noticed that. I also noticed that when pushing the skip forward button (the 30s increment one) in rapid successions, it puts you at the end of the program (if recorded) or back to live TV (if bufferized). But I have not been able to established a consistent pattern: sometimes pushing the skip button twice rapidly is enough, sometimes it will just skip x times 30s, regardless of the frequency (this also seems to work when skipping backward with the -6s button).
I wish there was away to program the remote and make it a one touch button process.

If you press the skip30 button while fast forwarding it jumps to the tickmarks. I believe it will jump to live if you are after the final tickmark.

You could just enter the channel number.

Holding down the skip button will get you to live TV.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

This is your first post, and you joined over 6 years ago? :eek:

Your suggestion will work fine, but depending upon the time in the buffer, entering the channel number is faster.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts