How to transfer timers?

voripteth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Aurora, IL
I've upgraded my 622 for a 722 and I'm faced with the rather daunting task of making sure my new DVR still records all the stuff my old one did.

Is there a way to transfer timers between machines? It would be great if I could use a USB drive to copy them. Any idea if this is possible?

I would love to see the ability to plug in a USB memory stick into my 622 and copy my timers to it (then put the memory stick in another receiver and copy the timers back down)

Hey Dan M and Gang... Are you listening? :D

I've upgraded / swapped DVRs about four times so far in my few years with Dish. It's a good bet that it will happen again.

Scott captured my idea exactly. A USB memory stick to copy all the current timers to another machine.

I can see expanding this idea in the future for selective copying of timers. Just to share favorite programs between friends. Could be a nice incentive to get your friends to switch to Dish too. :D

Or, with DishOnline coming soon, maybe they could implement a way to manage them with your DishOnline acct.

I am a dish employee and I dont think that you can trasfer timers but let me do some research since I am at work now and see.......

this has been suggested before---but so far neither provider has given us the ability to do it.

There is no way of transfering recording to rcvr to rcvr, if you have a 622, and need it replaced you can put all your recordings on an external hard drive, and then use them on your 722.

The question is about transferring timers for future recording not existing recordings. but alaas you can't do that either.

I would love to see the ability to plug in a USB memory stick into my 622 and copy my timers to it (then put the memory stick in another receiver and copy the timers back down)

Hey Dan M and Gang... Are you listening? :D

That is a fantastic idea! They could also add to it the ability to transfer favorites lists this way too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts