How to Tune into IntelSat 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

realfungi

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 4, 2005
OK. I'm in Zip Code 78550, and to the best of my knowledge, my Longitude is 97 degrees West. IntelSat 5 is also 97 degrees West... Does that mean that my Pointing Direction should equal to my Azimuth??? Since the equation is Satellite Location minus Longitude, my answer is practically zero... What should the TP frequency be, for IntelSat 5?

That's correct...since you are directly under the sat your azimuth would be 180 TRUE or due south; if you are using a compass correct for the difference between true and mag north (probably about 3 to 3 1/2 degrees with true north being east of mag north).
When I set my antenna up I probably did it backwards but it worked: set up the sat parameters including the antenna data, let the motor move, THEN moved the motor on the pole for max signal and everything fell in except G10 - off just a fraction of a degree.
IA 5 has a LOT of active TP's but most of it is in foreign languages, mostly Arabic feeds.
Try some of these for starters:
11836 V 20765 first channel is IRIB 2; many Arabic
11867 V 22000 TV Romania here and India.
11874 H 22000 Dandana (Arabic Music)
12177 V 23000 this one has English programming - you should find Fashion TV and Back to Health.

Lots more - do a Power scan once you get it going; I have over 50 channels spotted as of today.

OK. I'm still not getting anything... I've got a ViewSat VS2000, on a STAB HH90 Motor. Based on my calculations, I set my Elevation at 26 degrees, and the Elevation on the HH90 Motor to 41 degrees. Is that correct?

Also... When you said "Let the Motor Move" did you mean for me to press "Automatic Channel Search" while the Motor setting is set to either "user" or "Installer"? Because that is the only time the motor will actually move... I have been leaving it at "Off", because it likes to move all the way to the West, everything I use it... Very strange. I've got the HH90 Motor setting at "Zero" notch, pointing at 178 degrees South. Please Help. Thanks

Ia 5

Just looked at lyngsat. It looks like all of the KU FTA channel from IA5 are gone.

I wonder if it's something related to their bankruptcy?

keanu said:
Just looked at lyngsat. It looks like all of the KU FTA channel from IA5 are gone.

I wonder if it's something related to their bankruptcy?

Say what? I see them listed.. in fact I am watching IA5 right now! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts