How to turn off Joey 3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mastin

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2021
I have a 54 Series Remote Control and I am wondering how to turn off the Joey. With my previous remote (52 or 40), I pushed the red button at the top and my Joey1 would “turn off” and go the “screen saver screen”. There does not seem to be an equivalent with my new 54 series remote. When I press the power button on the upper left the TV turns off and it appears the Joey is still running. I tried to find an off command via the single diamond button and could not find a power command. I found this video explaining how to turn off your Joey using a voice command, but does not describe turning off using a button.

Maybe the idea is you aren’t supposed to turn off your Joey 3, instead turn off your TV?

Thank you for any information.

The Joey will turn itself off in 5 minutes after you press the power button on the 54 remote. It is designed that way to save your buffer in case you turned it off by mistake. BTW, your 40 remote will work just fine with that new Joey 3. There are some very positive reasons for using it.

The Joey will turn itself off in 5 minutes after you press the power button on the 54 remote. It is designed that way to save your buffer in case you turned it off by mistake. BTW, your 40 remote will work just fine with that new Joey 3. There are some very positive reasons for using it.
Ooh interesting, that's good to know. I appreciate the information! Thank you!

Ok great!
Now I have a choice between the two remotes.
Also, the old remote turns off the Joey 3 as I expected.
The old remote seems so well designed. Maybe it's just that I'm so used to it after years and years.
The new remote is certainly smaller and I imagine with fewer buttons the new remote is less intimidating.
In any case, the wife is going to be very happy to be able to go back to using the old remote.
Thanks again!
BTW, in case anyone is following along, here is the video I used as a guide to add my second remote:

The power OFF is delayed by 5 minutes so that you can go to another TV (connected to a Joey or Hopper) and select it from OPTIONS->TV Activity->Select JOIN and continue watching was on when you left it in the other room. Also, you can power OFF any of the listed Hopper or Joeys in TV Activity if they were left on by mistake and you don't want them streaming.

The power OFF is delayed by 5 minutes so that you can go to another TV (connected to a Joey or Hopper) and select it from OPTIONS->TV Activity->Select JOIN and continue watching was on when you left it in the other room. Also, you can power OFF any of the listed Hopper or Joeys in TV Activity if they were left on by mistake and you don't want them streaming.
Thank you very much for the clear explanation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts