How to Watch Live TV from my PC (Placeshift)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

U235

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
I just switched from Dish to DirecTV, and I'm having some buyer's remorse already. The DVR technology is way further behind with DirecTV. Hopper, channel skipping, Sling, etc. all seem to be more polished.

That said, I was talking to DirecTV support and was trying to figure out how to watch live TV in my office on my PC. I was told to get a Genie Go, but after getting one and setting it up, Genie Go seems to only really allow me to access my recordings and download them for offline viewing. That's for me of pretty little use.

I basically want to do two things:
1. Access NFL games from my smart phone and watch them live
2. Watch local TV stations and news stations while in my office (I use my second monitor to run live TV fed from my PC)

While the online browser shows there are TV streaming options, it seems like only select content which is not place-shifted from my receiver but just pre-canned content available from DirecTV online.

All of this was possible with Hopper+Sling, but I'm concerned now I can't get this functionality, and I may have bought a GenieGo 2 unnecessarily.

1. You can access Sunday games via the DIRECTV Sunday Ticket app.

2. While you can watch some news stations like CNN via DIRECTV's site or CNN's site, local channels are not available. Get a Slingbox to watch everything

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)