How Was or How Do You See Your Team's Bowl Game?

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I am a die hard Notre Dame fan and trust me I could not wait for the season to be over. I do not know what it s anymore, but quality at ND has gone done rapidly recently. Understandably part of it is their unwillingness to move to a better conference to attract players, but all in all, the future looks bleak.

In any case, I was thrilled to see we got a Bowl game against FSU for the Champs Bowl. What should have been a cakewalk, turned into another disappointing loss. Consequently, the reason for this thread ... How Was or how do you see your teams bowl game?

I am a die hard Notre Dame fan and trust me I could not wait for the season to be over. I do not know what it s anymore, but quality at ND has gone done rapidly recently. Understandably part of it is their unwillingness to move to a better conference to attract players, but all in all, the future looks bleak.

In any case, I was thrilled to see we got a Bowl game against FSU for the Champs Bowl. What should have been a cakewalk, turned into another disappointing loss. Consequently, the reason for this thread ... How Was or how do you see your teams bowl game?

cake walk for FSU more like it... they had just better all around everything well ahead of this game but it was closer than I figured.

As for mine - VT vs Michigan, I just hope for at least a close game if VT doesn't win... I'm pulling hard and having a fan party to help it along - If the same team shows up that showed up against GT, UVA and Miami then we have a chance.

I'll see mine on TV.

How did you see yours?

The only bowl the Goofs would go to was the toilet bowl ;)

But my team (which plays in D2...MN Duluth..) got knocked out in the quarterfinals of the playoffs :(

It will be the bcs ncg so I'll be happy. I look for a different outcome this time around. RTR.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It will be the bcs ncg so I'll be happy. I look for a different outcome this time around. RTR.

LSU should win this game... keep the spot light on the need of some change next year and a +1 system to avoid this ignorant rematch from happening again the way it did. So I'm pulling for LSU and for Okla St to beat Stanford - let the talks begin for some change!

Ohio State and Florida ....

I'm looking forward to it, but don't expect much, both teams are pretty bad this year ...

Like to see this match up again in a few years with Championship implications on the line.

Last edited:
dvrexpander said:
LSU should win this game... keep the spot light on the need of some change next year and a +1 system to avoid this ignorant rematch from happening again the way it did. So I'm pulling for LSU and for Okla St to beat Stanford - let the talks begin for some change!

I see change coming, but I see both of those games going the opposite way.

As for the rematch, dead horse, but the bcs got it right with the situation we had.

I don't know what day Pitt plays, I think it's one of the last bowls, I also think they okay SMU, it doesn't matter since their new coach will be coaching the rose bowl.

msmith198025 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the first game, and disagreed with the pundits. However, I see this game being a high flying, TD throwing, high scoring game which will go back and fort, back and forth.

That's OK we don't care anymore, we'll lay the smack down on Stanford and party it up Cowboy style in Arizona tomorrow night.@party:cheer2:

Maybe next year they will see the light and get it right. We lose too many players this year to be a contender next year, but we will still be good depending on which QB steps up and assumes the leadership of the team.

Blake Bell is a monster and probably the future of the Sooners.
Stoops is cleaning house in Norman and I expect the Sooners to be contenders next year, especially if Mike Stoops comes back on staff and plugs the hole in the defensive back field.

Should have beaten Iowa St.

If you didn't finish undefeated, you have no one to blame but yourself (and I say this as someone who thinks they should be playing LSU instead of Alabama).

Ohh ok so Alabama didn't finish undefeated, I guess they have nobody to blame but themselves too huh? myeahhhh

I'm pulling hard for Okla St to destroy Stanford and I'm pulling for LSU to beat Bama by another FG in a low scoring game once again to prove it was a pure mistake of these matchups.

Ohh ok so Alabama didn't finish undefeated, I guess they have nobody to blame but themselves too huh? myeahhhh
If Oka St. had gotten in and 'bama hadn't, then same thing. They each have only themselves to blame for their respective loss.

Both teams/conferences signed on to the BCS system, and shouldn't complain when they don't make it to the game. Teh Big 12 especially since they've had non-champions get into the game twice.

I'm pulling hard for Okla St to destroy Stanford and I'm pulling for LSU to beat Bama by another FG in a low scoring game once again to prove it was a pure mistake of these matchups.
I fail to see your logic. Both LSU & Alabama have high scoring offenses, along with great defenses. It's a testiment to their defenses they way both stopped each others high powered offenses.

Or do you just subscribe to the Big 12 theory that defense is not needed? Ask Oklahoma & Texas how well that worked out for them when they lost in BCS Championship games against the SEC (where defense is not optional).

I fail to see your logic. Both LSU & Alabama have high scoring offenses, along with great defenses. It's a testiment to their defenses they way both stopped each others high powered offenses.

Or do you just subscribe to the Big 12 theory that defense is not needed? Ask Oklahoma & Texas how well that worked out for them when they lost in BCS Championship games against the SEC (where defense is not optional).

Logic is simple.. LSU beats bama and if low scoring and boring again then that just smacks all those voters in the face again. Okla St destroying Stanford only helps add power to those slaps.

Ray Charles saw this logic...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts