How Was or How Do You See Your Team's Bowl Game?

I am NOT a M fan though.

YOU on the other hand have been saying how GREAT your VaTech team is all year and now when they get to a bowl game it's we really don't have much of a chance ....

Look at some of your posts in the last two weeks about it.

M is a GREAT program, but not a Great team this year.

VT is a very good program...good team this year, rebuilding QB - lost 5 defensive starters, not one fan can really complain about how they have performed this year..if they do they are not really a fan.

As for Michigan..yep damn good team and great program. Will be a good game either way.

Your giving Michigan an awful lot of credit here ....

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I tend to agree. Rich Rodriguez took charge of what I estimate to have been an 8-4 team and coached (if that's an appropriate term) them to back-to-back losing seasons, and the first losing season at Michigan in 40-years. He then coached them to an embarrasing loss to an SEC team last years...a conference the Wolverines have dominated in bowl competition over the past 25-years (8-2 record). I could see losing to a Top 5 Alabama or Tennessee team, but to get their arses handed to them by Mississippi State. Argghh!!

Anyway, my point is that Brady Hoke has taken Rich Rodriquez's 8-4 players (Note: RR's record was 15-22 overall and 6-18 in the Big Ten) and managed to finish 10-2 this season. Why? Because Hoke actually coached them...he instilled discipline, hard work and values. Moreover, he dumped the fly-by-night offensive scheme (very offensive) and, more importantly, is teaching the kids how to play defense. Imagine that!!! Are the Wolverines that good...probably not, but they aren't going to quit and they play smart, tough football.

Michigan is certainly the big name in college football. However, they probably don't deserve to be in a BCS Bowl. On the flip-side, Virginia Tech probably didn't deserve their BSC Bowl invitation either after suffering another blown-out loss to Clemson. I certainly understand the criticisims that one or both teams are playing in the Sugar Bowl. Let's be honest...Michigan is the winningest program is college football history, leads the country in attendance year-after-year and have a huge fanbase that will follow them anythere. Heck, given the awful Michigan economy, most alumni appear to be working anywhere but in Michigan these days. Likewise, the Hokies have been a BCS mainstay the past 10-15 years and have developed a loyal following. Would anyone tune-in to watch Boise State play Houston in the Sugar Bowl? And would anyone buy tickets? There would probably be a lot of emply seats and passive college football fans would opt to watch Dancing With the Stars or some other nonsense. The botton line is a Michigan-VT matchup is going to fill the season and provide television ratings.

Regarding the game...I have absolutely no idea what to expect! Both teams have looked really good at times this season, and both teams have also looked pretty bad. Folks who think Michigan are going to dominate this game are delusional. Although they are well-coached and have some good things going on with the offense and defense...the bottom lines is they still have giant holes due to the RR's recruiting efforts. For example, Michigan will be fighting a huge uphill battle if their running game is stopped. As much as I like Robinson, I would like to see another traditional Tom Brady, Chad Henne, Elvis Grbac, Jim Harbaugh type QB. Robinson's passing game is only effective if Michigan is able to run the ball...which is not so easy to do against the top-notch teams. Moreover, although Michigan has renewed it's committment to defense (vastly improved)...they really don't have a dominating defense. It's more of a bend but don't break scheme, and a high-powered offense will still give them trouble.

Anyone who thinks Virginia Tech will dominate Michigan is smoking wacky weed. Even if VT were to go up by two touchdowns in the first half, Michigan has a lot of offensive weapons to catch-up, and the coaching staff usually makes very good halftime adjustments. I cannot speak intelliegenty about the Hokies since I have only seen three of their games this season but, from what I have seen, they too have plenty of pros and cons. Overall, I am expecting a well-played, highly-entertaining, and very competitive game.

Finally, this year I have resolved not to hate that talking a@@bag known as Rich Rodriguez or anyone involved with his hiring (i.e., Bill Martin). Of course, I am having trouble with this one. :D

As for Michigan..yep damn good team and great program. Will be a good game either way.

Good team...formerly great program that is recovering from the undynamic duo of Rodriguez/Martin...and 8-4 caliber players IMO. However, "things" are looking up for the program (excellent recruiting classes for 2012/2013) and Brady Hoke is, at least, qualified to coach a major program. There are still plenty of unknowns but I am expecting (hopeful) that Michigan-Ohio State to have some epic battles with Brady Hoke and Urban Meyer at the helm. We shall see.

I tend to agree. Rich Rodriguez took charge of what I estimate to have been an 8-4 team and coached (if that's an appropriate term) them to back-to-back losing seasons, and the first losing season at Michigan in 40-years. He then coached them to an embarrasing loss to an SEC team last years...a conference the Wolverines have dominated in bowl competition over the past 25-years (8-2 record). I could see losing to a Top 5 Alabama or Tennessee team, but to get their arses handed to them by Mississippi State. Argghh!!

Anyway, my point is that Brady Hoke has taken Rich Rodriquez's 8-4 players (Note: RR's record was 15-22 overall and 6-18 in the Big Ten) and managed to finish 10-2 this season. Why? Because Hoke actually coached them...he instilled discipline, hard work and values. Moreover, he dumped the fly-by-night offensive scheme (very offensive) and, more importantly, is teaching the kids how to play defense. Imagine that!!! Are the Wolverines that good...probably not, but they aren't going to quit and they play smart, tough football.

Michigan is certainly the big name in college football. However, they probably don't deserve to be in a BCS Bowl. On the flip-side, Virginia Tech probably didn't deserve their BSC Bowl invitation either after suffering another blown-out loss to Clemson. I certainly understand the criticisims that one or both teams are playing in the Sugar Bowl. Let's be honest...Michigan is the winningest program is college football history, leads the country in attendance year-after-year and have a huge fanbase that will follow them anythere. Heck, given the awful Michigan economy, most alumni appear to be working anywhere but in Michigan these days. Likewise, the Hokies have been a BCS mainstay the past 10-15 years and have developed a loyal following. Would anyone tune-in to watch Boise State play Houston in the Sugar Bowl? And would anyone buy tickets? There would probably be a lot of emply seats and passive college football fans would opt to watch Dancing With the Stars or some other nonsense. The botton line is a Michigan-VT matchup is going to fill the season and provide television ratings.

Regarding the game...I have absolutely no idea what to expect! Both teams have looked really good at times this season, and both teams have also looked pretty bad. Folks who think Michigan are going to dominate this game are delusional. Although they are well-coached and have some good things going on with the offense and defense...the bottom lines is they still have giant holes due to the RR's recruiting efforts. For example, Michigan will be fighting a huge uphill battle if their running game is stopped. As much as I like Robinson, I would like to see another traditional Tom Brady, Chad Henne, Elvis Grbac, Jim Harbaugh type QB. Robinson's passing game is only effective if Michigan is able to run the ball...which is not so easy to do against the top-notch teams. Moreover, although Michigan has renewed it's committment to defense (vastly improved)...they really don't have a dominating defense. It's more of a bend but don't break scheme, and a high-powered offense will still give them trouble.

Anyone who thinks Virginia Tech will dominate Michigan is smoking wacky weed. Even if VT were to go up by two touchdowns in the first half, Michigan has a lot of offensive weapons to catch-up, and the coaching staff usually makes very good halftime adjustments. I cannot speak intelliegenty about the Hokies since I have only seen three of their games this season but, from what I have seen, they too have plenty of pros and cons. Overall, I am expecting a well-played, highly-entertaining, and very competitive game.

Finally, this year I have resolved not to hate that talking a@@bag known as Rich Rodriguez or anyone involved with his hiring (i.e., Bill Martin). Of course, I am having trouble with this one. :D

EXCELLENT POST !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)