Howard Stern/ Charlie Ergan

lineman20109

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Reva, Va
Howard was trying to get Charlie on the phone to find out his intentions with Sirius. Anyone think Charlie would go for it? Maybe Howard could get answers to the HD questions..;)

I'm guessing that everyone at the Howard Show knows that the end is near. There is no way that Charlie is going to pay Howard the amount of Money that Sirius was paying him.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that everyone at the Howard Show knows that the end is near. There is now way that Charlie is going to pay Howard the amount of Money that Sirius was paying him.
My guess is he has enough in his pocket to just walk away anyhow. But for my sake, I hope Charlie wouldn't ditch him, he helps pass the time at work. Howard is just about the only reason I keep my subscriptions. I guess I'll have to keep waiting for Charlies' return call to the show... Doubt it will happen...

The day Howard leaves Sirius is the day I cancel Sirius. I never listen to the music channels and occasionally will pick up a football game or catch a NASCAR race, but I can do those two things OTA.

Yep + 1. I subscribe to Sirius primarily for Howard (tho' I like the NFL games being available nation-wide). My iPod fills my music needs enough that they'll have to provide other desirable programming in order to survive.

OK- I gotta ask. WHEN is Howard actually on? I've tuned to 100/101 a few times, and it was always somebody else, and the most boring filler I've ever heard.

ANOTHER BIT OF NEWS

From this link:

"The Wall Street Journal has made it abundantly clear the Mr. Egan has been buying the Feb. 17 convertible debt. As the stock began to rise on that news, other agencies began reporting that he was in fact buying Sirius XM bank debt instead, and have created some outlandish stories around the topic."

Follow the link and read the article. Charlie may simply be about to make a killing on this as a short term investment.

"Here’s another perspective that does not involve conspiracy theories. To begin with, Echostar is not buying the debt. Mr. Ergan is. Having worked for a bond firm myself, my first thought was not that Mr. Ergan was making a play for Sirius, but was simply making a good investment. The convertible bonds were trading nearly 20% below par. If Mr. Ergan believes as I do that Sirius XM will in fact meet its debt obligations, buying these bonds is simply a sound investment decision."

My question would be, where else can Howard do his show the way he wants? answer; His own web site where he would have complete control. He does not need sirius or dish when He can just broadcast his own pay site "hopefully commercial free". With a 922 we would have the ability to see his show with the google browser that will be on the 922. Maybe we can record his shows "hopefully that will be a feature" and then be able to listen as well as see his great guest's and bits whenever and wherever we want. Can you imagine what he would be able to broadcast with no limits on nudity and content:D Or if he does partner with Charlie he could have his own link right on the 922 menu. The next logical step in this would be to develop a sling radio via 3G. After all we have plenty of content that we can listen to without video, until then you can sling it to your phone while driving:eek: Maybe this is Charlie's plan, if not it should be. Right now there are plenty of music choices on Dish without any yapping from DJ's and we can save some $$ "goodbye sirius rate increase". Howard TV on DISH would be a winner!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts