hows a Wing nut point a Wing Dish

record_breaker2004

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Hey guys, I have a dish 500,and standard def programming using a 811 and 508. A friend sold his house and moved away, since he used dish mover he gave me his two dishes and lnbs(he has a hd set up with package) anyways i have a standard dish pro 500 and am wanting to know how I hook up the DP plus lnb and wire it to the separate wing dish he also gave me?, its a 500 dish with one lnb on it.I live in eastern Nebraska so how do i point the second dish( I am not sure which satilite to aim at and where it's at? Thinking that if I get all this set up outside I can see what dish has to offer should I get a new dish receiver some day. Hoping to get this done before anymore snow falls, :eurekaThanks

Last edited:
If only sd programming, don't know why you want a wing dish. Know the 811 wasn't going to do HD programming 'fore long. There is very little if any fta sd programming you could pick up with that wing, most of it not worth watching.

If only sd programming, don't know why you want a wing dish. Know the 811 wasn't going to do HD programming 'fore long. There is very little if any fta sd programming you could pick up with that wing, most of it not worth watching.

Thanks , but thats not the question I asked

Take off your dplnb and put the dpplus in its place. Run a coax from the input on your dpplus to your single/dual on the seperate 500. Leave the skew alone, and you probably won't have to adjust the elevation much.
Use that site to help you figure out where to place your 2nd dish. Also use the Menu 6-1-1 "Point Dish" Screen to locate your satellite. I imagine you'll want 61.5 or 129 for HD programming. 61.5 can be found on the point dish screen while you have to calculate 129 by figuring the difference in 119 & 110.
ie: 110=az222 el38 119=az232 el32, then 129 has to be 10 more degrees az and 6 more degrees el or 242 & 26.
If you're wanting international programming, you don't need a new box, and that takes a special lnb.
After getting your dishes hooked up and the 2nd one pointed at the appropriate satellite, you'll have to run a check switch for your rcvr to recognize the new lnb and satellites.

After all of this though, you still won't see any many new stations, or even see what stations you could get on an upgrade. You MAY see a FEW on the 811, but that's it. To see what you can get on an upgrade, check out an online channel guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)