How's The Weather?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
How's the weather where you are at? Here in west-central Indiana it is very cloudy with dense fog. All DVB signals that I have attempted to watch today have had poor reception. I am talking about everything on every satellite. Hope it clears soon. :mad::mad::mad:

Past 2 days here , high 70's sunny. Record highs for this time of year, cold air coming later in the week though. And still in record drought conditions.

In northern Illinois we are getting freezing rain and rain. Satellite signals are holding up very well. Have Retro Jams on G3-C on right now. Getting the same quality as when it's sunny out :) G-10 ku is down a tad but nothing to worry about. G-16 ku is running normal Q on the 4DTV.

In Markham (Northern Toronto area... North shore of Lake Ontario, Canada) today we had a couple of inches of wet snow. The temperature rose to a couple of degrees above freezing and we were expecting freezing rain, but got wet snow instead. Now (evening) it is just above/at freezing with a light rain. Light snow expecting overnight.
The weather has certainly changed from when I was a young boy. (30 years ago) The last few years we have had to use the snow thrower a handfull of times each year. When I was a young boy that was that many times in one week.

brotherhood, -32c now thats cold...brrrrr currently here its +1c

Heres a map to show where I am. In the centre is Port Hope, my home and to the left above Toronto is Markham, my work.

Google Maps

Well must be a fluke because I am in East Central Indiana and my FTA system has been working flawlessly. I guess the FTA Gods are made at the west part of the state.

Finally got above freezing for a couple of hours before dropping again, now were looking at 1 to 3 inches of snow this weekend. Normally I love the snow, but with so many without power right now is not the best time. Perhaps a white christmas in a couple of weeks would be nice, especially if Mrs. Claus brings the right presents.

Currently 55f here at 2:27 in the a.m. Was close to if not over 80f yesterday and expect more of the same today. Definitely colder and possible rain tomorrow?

Al

Last edited:
Anytime I start losing signal and the quality is marginal I look at the radar map for weather Channel , and Yes there were a couple times yesterday that my reception crapped out , so I switched to my analog cable while it was raining.

Well must be a fluke because I am in East Central Indiana and my FTA system has been working flawlessly.

It was a fluke. Yesterday I couldn't get anything to come in, as I said low clouds and dense fog. Today, bright and sunny, same problem. For some reason I decided to do a reboot on the 3688. What ever the problem was :confused:, that solved it.:up One thing I know, it was not the weather.

Havent been above freezing here in weeks, and going to be at least a week before that happens unless the weather changes...also about 6-10 inches of snow on the ground. Welcome to Wisconsin. :cool:

Havent been above freezing here in weeks, and going to be at least a week before that happens unless the weather changes...also about 6-10 inches of snow on the ground. Welcome to Wisconsin. :cool:

In 1971-71 I lived in Thule, Greenland (600+ miles south of the noth pole). What I seen up there makes the weather in US seem like tinker toys. Man, it was great. :up

been hot here in SC since monday....82 to 83 since then tomorrow is the last day of the hot..then its droping down to 74 friday saturday 72 the back into the 50's low 30's at night i cant wait till the hot is gone for awhile seems like summer last longer than winter these days down in the south

Status
Please reply by conversation.