HP Smartmedia Server/ Windows Home Server

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cegarrett

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Shreveport, LA
I just got a HP Smartmedia Server (Windows Home Server) for the church as a backup solution and it's just cool. I'm thinking about getting one for my home network just for the remote web access.

Does any have one of these and what all are you using it for?
What addin's are you using?

Thanks in advance,
cegarrett

P.S. the Church got theirs from Curcuit City for $449 for the EX470 (single 500GB drive). I added 2 TB drives to it also for data reduntancy

I have one at home. I really just use it for file storage, backups, and file restores. I have the home server version of my movies on it, but I really just use it for file management.

It's awfully nice when you mess something up to just restore the entire pc back to a previous image.

Our local CC was liquidated in the first round of store closures before Christmas. They had one of these marked down to $450, but it was the floor model and it had only one 250 GB disk.

I ended up getting an Airport Extreme, so I can just plug USB 2.0 drives into it for file sharing and remote backups. Plus, it's one less Windows box that needs reboots every month with no need for AntiVirus, and all those other problems you have with a Windows-based platform.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)