HR-20 + Harmony

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Another question...:rolleyes:

Anybody out there with a Harmony remote and the HR-20? I'm curious if there is any funky quirks.

I've used the 880, 688 and 659 with my H20's. No problems whatsoever. I'm on the waitlist for HR20. The HR20 uses the same remote as the H20, so I optimistically expect the same.

I just finished setting up my Harmony 880 over the weekend with the HR20. It was already in the database but I did add some buttons like Format to it and I had to tweak the 30 second skip. Other than that, works fine.

I have the 659. Everything works fine, except the TV button would also turn off the power button of the HR20. I had to tweak it so that the power button of the HR20 always remains on.

I have the 880 and it works great.

The only quirk that I have had is with functions where you have to press and hold the button for functionality (e.g. skip to end, skip to beginning, skip to tick). With the d* remote your press and hold for this functionality. With the harmony you hold the button for a couple seconds release and press again.

I have also modified the guide button, as I have seen done by others, so that you do not have to press guide twice to get to the guide. I taught the guide command to the TV device. Then in the configuration screen for the guide button you select guide under both the DVR device and the TV device. Now when you hit the guide button on the Harmony it will quickly send the guide button twice, bypassing the filter screen. This happens so fast that I do not see the filter screen load.

I have the 880 and it works great.

The only quirk that I have had is with functions where you have to press and hold the button for functionality (e.g. skip to end, skip to beginning, skip to tick). With the d* remote your press and hold for this functionality. With the harmony you hold the button for a couple seconds release and press again.

You should be able to adjust the duration of the press using the Harnomy configuration site. You may be able to assign the same button with longer duration to another button, as an alternative.

Perhaps y'all could assist a NuB HR-20 user. I keep getting "None of your devices can change channels" when setting up the Watch Tivo Activity. Logitech forums show similar frustrations. I checked the mapping and all the commands are learned in the database, but it doesn't want to work for me. I'm game to suggestions, thanks!

EDIT: too much free-falling for me. I had to delete the old activity for the HR-10 I had, once I deleted that, it worked as it should. Whew!

Last edited:
There's another thing about Logitech/Harmony, they'll work with you on it.

The first time I had a problem was before Logitech bought them. I contacted them by e-mail; they updated my profile for the problem-child dvd player (Momitsu V880) and responded by e-mail. I reloaded my remote and all was fine.

Last January I picked-up a Toshiba LCD tv for the bedroom and had trouble getting it to cycle through its inputs. Their phone support spent nearly 2 hours working-through it with me on a Saturday afternoon, until the remote worked the way I wanted it to.

Perhaps y'all could assist a NuB HR-20 user. I keep getting "None of your devices can change channels" when setting up the Watch Tivo Activity. Logitech forums show similar frustrations. I checked the mapping and all the commands are learned in the database, but it doesn't want to work for me. I'm game to suggestions, thanks!

EDIT: too much free-falling for me. I had to delete the old activity for the HR-10 I had, once I deleted that, it worked as it should. Whew!

I'd just call them. They are the nicest people that I ever worked with for support.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts