HR 20's remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wes311

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
I was reading in Best Buy's websight that the HR 20 remote is standard. Does anybody that has the HR 20 know if that means the volume control for the TV and a surround sound system wouldn't work with that remote??

wes311 said:
I was reading in Best Buy's websight that the HR 20 remote is standard. Does anybody that has the HR 20 know if that means the volume control for the TV and a surround sound system wouldn't work with that remote??
There are a few different remotes being packed with the HR20's, I got the RC-24, which is the same as the one I got with my H-10, it is RF capable, and yes I can program it to do all my TV funtions (basic, I neveer tried to change anything like Color and such ect.) It does change Volume, Channel and TV Input, thats about all I need normally from my TV remote anyways.
I have never tried to set it up for my audio system, but I would imagine you can do it, remember to move the slide switch to the apropriate spot you want to use.

The other remote is a RC 32 (maybe not rc,, but it's the 32 I know) I have not used one, but understand that it has larger buttons on it ... But thats all I know about it so far.

Anyone have the 32 remote yet that can give some info about it ?
Once I got use to my RC-24, I really like it

Jimbo

wes311 said:
It can control you audio system volume. Also the power on/off button can power on/off the TV, DVD, and Audio in one shot.

Jimbos said:
There are a few different remotes being packed with the HR20's, I got the RC-24, which is the same as the one I got with my H-10, it is RF capable, and yes I can program it to do all my TV funtions (basic, I neveer tried to change anything like Color and such ect.) It does change Volume, Channel and TV Input, thats about all I need normally from my TV remote anyways.
I have never tried to set it up for my audio system, but I would imagine you can do it, remember to move the slide switch to the apropriate spot you want to use.

The other remote is a RC 32 (maybe not rc,, but it's the 32 I know) I have not used one, but understand that it has larger buttons on it ... But thats all I know about it so far.

Jimbo

Except for the larger buttons, the only other difference I know of is it only does ir, no rf control.

Jimbos said:

Jimbo
Are you happy with the HR 20?? I just ordered it. Is there anything negitive about it I should be aware of???

raoul5788 said:
Except for the larger buttons, the only other difference I know of is it only does ir, no rf control.
Well if it doesn't do RF, it's useless to me....

I had also heard that it did not have the DVR funtions play,FF ect., but I have not seenone yet so I don't know for sure

Jimbo

wes311 said:
Are you happy with the HR 20?? I just ordered it. Is there anything negitive about it I should be aware of???
I am very happy with it, with the exception to the OTA not being on.
I never had a TIVO so I didn't have to Forget anything .....
As far as I am concerned, it could say TIVO on it and I would not know the difference.
It has worked great and recorded everything I've asked of it.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)