Need help 'moving' can anyone help?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

noneroy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
I currently live in Indianapolis, IN and I am thinking about 'moving' somewhere so I can get Fox and CBS in HD (currently only ABC/NBC are in HD). I want my colts games in HD and i figure that with NFLST/SF I'll be able to get as many as possible. So I'm thinking about 'moving' or at least 'house sitting' for a while. Does anyone know a good address to use for this? Would my best bet be to 'move' to somewhere near new york to get those locals or is there another location I can 'move' to in the Indy spot beam?

Thanks in advance!

noneroy said:
I currently live in Indianapolis, IN and I am thinking about 'moving' somewhere so I can get Fox and CBS in HD (currently only ABC/NBC are in HD). I want my colts games in HD and i figure that with NFLST/SF I'll be able to get as many as possible. So I'm thinking about 'moving' or at least 'house sitting' for a while. Does anyone know a good address to use for this? Would my best bet be to 'move' to somewhere near new york to get those locals or is there another location I can 'move' to in the Indy spot beam?

Thanks in advance!

Also during and after you move, you and all your friends & relatives should contact the local FOX and CBS affiliates and tell them you want them on DirecTV HD and the need do whatever it takes to get the issues resolved and get it done, and you are displeased that the others have been able to get it done while they haven't.

stone phillips420 said:
maine
no signals near ther auto qualify for all 4 ny hd channels
plus auto qualify for sd la and ny feeds

Have you 'moved' to maine as well? What is my process for this? Do I just call up the customer service line and tell them that I'm going to be spending the winter in Maine and that I need to have my service changed? Can it be done online instead?

You guys are the best!

Okay I'm not wanting to be a complete idiot but one last thing:

When I call them do I just say I've moved up to Maine for a bit and the place I'm staying already has the new Satellite Dish (just like mine) and I just need it changed to the locals. Oh? you don't offer the locals in my area? What do I do then? Oh you can give me New York locals and in HD...well...I guess that'll work then....

Is that how the conversation needs to go?

Is there *ANY* reason why I wouldn't want to do this? Is this a common thing among D* subscribers?

Anyway, thanks again. You guys are the best. I'm not sure where we would be if we couldn't get the advice of everyone here!

i wouldn't tell them there is equipment there...you need to only have the receivers you pay for on your account

Simply say that you have already moved your equipment and set it up..you just want to make sure they have the correct service address on file.

That is... tell them no more no less

so? did it work? I'm curious and willing to "move" to get the east HD feed!!! also, for the house address, what if it's a house already with DTV???

UPDATE: so I called and said I had "moved". but the guy kept saying that he'd have to submit a waiver for me to get the NY HD feed??? I kept saying that online it said I qualified but he just kept repeating that it was the law, blah blah, may take 45 days, etc. when I first qualifed for the LA feed it was instant qualification. also, I just checked my account online and there was no change on my installation address! did I get a "smart" CSR? Or are they getting smart?

noneroy said:
Okay I'm not wanting to be a complete idiot but one last thing:

When I call them do I just say I've moved up to Maine for a bit and the place I'm staying already has the new Satellite Dish (just like mine) and I just need it changed to the locals. Oh? you don't offer the locals in my area? What do I do then? Oh you can give me New York locals and in HD...well...I guess that'll work then....

Is that how the conversation needs to go?

Is there *ANY* reason why I wouldn't want to do this? Is this a common thing among D* subscribers?

Anyway, thanks again. You guys are the best. I'm not sure where we would be if we couldn't get the advice of everyone here!

Last edited:
is instant qualification of east hd feeds at least it was for me, i was able to move back to my mailing addy and the east hd net stuck
ps. fgsilva i could move ya so youd get the wst hd feeds instead of east hd feeds
it's your choice

Last edited:
I did what was said here. I moved to the Maine zip code, and they turned off my locals. They told me to get the HD feeds they would submit the waiver, and in a couple of hours... whala... I had the east HD feeds. I never did get the East SD locals though. I then called back after the HD feeds were on, and said, I would rather have my actual home locals back, (even though I was still "in Maine"), because I cannot live without my RSN. And they turned those back on right away.

So the HD waivers must stick with your account, and not your address. So I now have the East HD major 4 networks, and my own locals with RSN as well. I can justify that, since I live in the Grand Rapids Market, and we are supposed to have our Locals in HD turned on in August, but that has yet to happen. So I guess in some sort of twisted way, I feel like D* owes this to me!

F.Y.I. I checked online for my programming, and it shows ABCHD, CBSHD, NBCHD, and FOXHD. So I guess I will get charged for those.

does it show online your "new" service" address?

joedekock said:
F.Y.I. I checked online for my programming, and it shows ABCHD, CBSHD, NBCHD, and FOXHD. So I guess I will get charged for those.

What, if anything, do you tell them about your phone number when you move?
Do they check where your receivers are calling from, or do they even care?

cal87 said:
What, if anything, do you tell them about your phone number when you move?
Do they check where your receivers are calling from, or do they even care?

I kept using my same home phone because that is where my billing address is. I do not think they care about where your reciever is located.

Fgsilva said:
does it show online your "new" service" address?

It shows my same service address I have had since installing the equipment. However, like I said earlier, I told the CSR to just change my service address back to my address in my home town because I would be moving back there in three months, and would have rather had my local channels with my local RSN... (from my home state... not temporary one). So the CSR changed it back to the original one.

Make sense? :confused:

I got it, but I had to pay for it!

So after 5 phone calls I finally got it. when I got home I had lost my LA HD and no NY HD either! :eek: I called and every time they were transferring to thei "HD distant net depatment"; then I went on hold forever and gave up and hung up! finally at almost 11 PM I just called the retention number and they were able to transfer me to the HD people. As it turned out, the new deal now is that, in order to get the NY HD feed I also have to get the SD feed, and consequently, pay 1.5 per channel. I guess that's OK if I want to time shift and watch my shows 3 hours ahead! :D but then I ended up losing the rest of my locals like CW, mynet and pBS. NOw, if I "move" back to my old address do I instantly lose those HD nets?

Update: Oh yeah, and in the process I had also lost my 6 months of free showtime! the guy though was able to put them back!

Last edited:
Fgsilva said:
So after 5 phone calls I finally got it. when I got home I had lost my LA HD and no NY HD either! :eek: I called and every time they were transferring to thei "HD distant net depatment"; then I went on hold forever and gave up and hung up! finally at almost 11 PM I just called the retention number and they were able to transfer me to the HD people. As it turned out, the new deal now is that, in order to get the NY HD feed I also have to get the SD feed, and consequently, pay 1.5 per channel. I guess that's OK if I want to time shift and watch my shows 3 hours ahead! :D but then I ended up losing the rest of my locals like CW, mynet and pBS. NOw, if I "move" back to my old address do I instantly lose those HD nets?

Update: Oh yeah, and in the process I had also lost my 6 months of free showtime! the guy though was able to put them back!

For me once I "moved" back to my permanent home, I had my original locals, with the NY HD channels. As I said before, it seems the HD waivers stick with the account... not the address.

but most likely waht would happen to me would be that I would get the LA feed back since I would move back to California. And for folks in the west coast they can't give the NY HD feed anymore.

joedekock said:
For me once I "moved" back to my permanent home, I had my original locals, with the NY HD channels. As I said before, it seems the HD waivers stick with the account... not the address.

I thought the stuff was spot beamed? I live in Florida and would love to see bears games!

I don't think so since I"m in CAlifornia and I get them. Maybe for the new Mpeg4 stuff.

jahlight said:
I thought the stuff was spot beamed? I live in Florida and would love to see bears games!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts