HR-54 Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Yesterday I installed a new HR54 which replaced a HR24 in addition I now have a C61K for 4K as well.

Everything tests fine, and I have internet hooked up directly to the receiver via Ethernet.

The problem is now 16 hours later none of the interactive features are working on both units. If I watch a show and it says press << to watch this show from beginning I press << to see the start of the show and am told Downloading is not available to try again in 3 hours.

Things like TV apps say initializing please try again later and none of the on demand channels work.

I do a check of the internet and all reports things are fine and I have a Green Check Mark.

Is this normal? How long does it take for these things to start working? Maybe I need another hit from DIRECTV?

I doubt it is related to a service refresh. It can take up to a full 24 hrs for these items to download, as always be sure you have done the firmware update, and you can try a clearmybox. There are also caddies with DoD right now. Try doing a smart search for "on demand" and watch something through there, let me know if that works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Scott, I would say give it probably 48 hours...

Is your My Directv populating anything yet ... if so you should be able to do the rest.

Every issue you outlined is being discussed by hundreds of customers on DTV Facebook page. I'm not sure if it is the HR54, but they keep calling it the "new" genie.

Scott, so did you finally get things working? If not try the double reboot trick and see if that helps. You also mentioned you have it connected directly to your ethernet network, any chance you have another connection there using a DECA-BB?

Yes thanks all is working now. For the day after I could see all the VOD channels however if I went to them and tried listing programs it couldn't find anything. But now is working fine. Even watched some 4K last night. :)

Every issue you outlined is being discussed by hundreds of customers on DTV Facebook page. I'm not sure if it is the HR54, but they keep calling it the "new" genie.
I don't see anything like this being discussed by "hundreds of customers" on the facebook page.....or on any of the other forums.

Reactions: Troch77
Status
Please reply by conversation.