HR10-250 for "FREE", sort of......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

free-1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
I just got off the phone with the D* retention dept. After talking to someone in the HD department about getting a HD-DVR (he couldn't do any better that $499.00, I hung up and called retention. The csr was very pleasant and kept repeating the standard line, "I see your one of our preferred customers," I told him the same thing......., 'I WANT A HD-DVR' AND I DON'T WANT TO PAY $499.00 FOR IT!!!

After a few seconds, he came back with a new promotion offer D* is giving out. If I sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket this season, then I can have the HR10-250 for $0.00. Now understand that the NFLST was a total of $229.00 for the season (payable all at once or in 5 monthly installs of $45.80.) I thought about and said OK! He also threw in 3 months of HBO free (which is okay, but there's hardly ever anything on there that interests me much).

Also, when the new HR20-250 comes out (he was adament that it will be in November of the year) I will get to swap the 10-250 for the 20-250 for no cost. I know, I know, I'll have that battle when the time comes because the rules will probably change by then..........AGAIN!!! But I really needed a DVR for my main HD system (I now have the H20, which I like very much, but missed the DVR capabilities I have in the bedroom - where the standard TIVO box is.) While I was reluctant to do this the last few months I just couldn't take missing shows and not being able to replay that moment in the games I just missed because I was in the kitchen getting another beer...........

Thanks for the tip!

I'm gonna jump on this, but I've got a question...

I am currently in temp housing as my home is being built, so my sub is on suspend until I re-activate it and they can come "move" me to my new house.

If I call now, and sign-up, will they ship the HR10 to my temp address and just have me hold on to it until the house is ready, or just deliver it when they come to officially "move" me into my new home, which should be the first week of July?

Secondly, I currently have an RCA DTC-210 HD reciever I bought 2 years ago, but now I have 2 HDTV's. I can obviously put the new HR10 on the new TV, and use my current RCA for my old TV. However, I'd like to upgrade that one to a HR10 as well...

Is there any offer that would allow me to "trade -in" my RCA for a HR10?

I guess my question is:

Would it be possible to get 2 HR10's for an ST subscription and a used RCA DTC-210?

TIA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts