HR10-250 OTA Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Someone

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I searched the forum and didn't see this question, so I apologize if it's already been answered or if it's too basic.

Anyway, I am currently a D* subscriber with an HR10-250. I am thinking of switching to cable. I currently use an antenna to pick up my OTA channels.

My question is this: if I cancel D*, could I still use the HR10-250 for the OTA channels? My TV does not have an integrated tuner so I can't go straight from the antenna to the TV.

Thanks in advance.

You can use it to watch already recorded stuff but you lose your program guide info so it stops being a viable DVR even for OTA.

You probably can switch to the lowest cost directv package and still record OTA as long as you still pay the dvr service fee

You probably can switch to the lowest cost directv package and still record OTA as long as you still pay the dvr service fee

Thats still $35 and quite expensive for an OTA DVR. Better off going with a series 3 Tivo that can do OTA but also does cable card. But then with all this switched video talk, I would be very gun shy of getting a Series 3 Tivo unless I knew my cable operator was years away from using that. I dont think the Series 3 can handle switched video.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)