HR10-250 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shadyB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
I have just installed my HR10-250 and have a question regarding the aspect ratio. The HD-DVR is connected to a 4:3 ratio HD TV through the component cables. When I am watching an HD channel in the 480i or 480p format, the image appears on the screen in leterbox format with a gray box above and below the image. This is how I would like the image to look.

When I switch the receiver to 1080i format the image on the screen stretches from letterbox format to fullscreen format and the image looks stretched. I try hitting the ratio button to change from Full to Panel, but it makes no difference. The image stays stretched, it does not change at all.

Am I doing something wrong? Note when I press the ratio button in 480i or 480p mode, the image changes from the letterbox with the grey panels to the stretched image. It is only in 1080i format that the ratio button has no affect.

Is this a defective box that I need to send back to Robert? Thanks for any help.

You may need to go into your settings from the main tivo menu and change the native aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3. Check each section (Video, Audio, etc) of the settings section, play around with it and see what you come up with...

I have an HR10-250 question as well.

I was at Best Buy today and I noticed they had a couple HR10-250 HD Tivos sitting out where they typically keep them. Then I look up and see they have a ton in stock up in their overstock. However these were in a different box. The Box was all Black, had the new Rethink TV slogan on it and said absolutely nothing about Tivo on it.

So I am pretty sure it's the same receiver just in their new packaging but is there anything different with this receiver, upgradable to MPEG4 perhaps? I don't think anythings different but thought I'd at least ask.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)