Hr10-250 queston

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Girevik

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Columbus, OH
I was working on getting my new HR10-250 set up this weekend and noticed that whenever I set the TiVo to output in 720i all I got was a blue screen. Does this indicate some problem with the TiVo, or does that mode only work when the original signal is in 720i?

It's a 55" Mitsubishi rear projection set (cant remember the exact model number off hand). It's about a year old.

Doesn't one of the networks broadcast in 720i? I've been able to pick up ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and UPN with my OTA setup.

erm, it's 720p :) (hoping you would catch that first time)

Depending on that STB you're using for OTA (assuming a year old Mitsu doesn't have an integrated tuner), it might be scaling everything to 1080i for you.

As for the networks, FOX and ABC are in 720p currently, ESPN as well.

Sorry, yeah - 720p (oops).

The TV does have an integrated tuner, and that's what I've been using get get my HD content until last week. I had no problem getting Fox or ABC.

Weird. I've heard of certain TV's only accepting given resolutions on specifc component inputs (i.e. one does HD (1080i/720p), the other 480p (for a DVD player, for example). Might want to 2x check your inputs.

Or - you might be using a DVI <--> HDMI cable - these have been wrought with problems (I got a bad one myself)

Either way - let me know your model # when you get it - should be able to help better that way.

Try setting the HD Tivo to 1080i and it will up convert the 720p signals. Your tv more than likely was doing the same thing and can't actually display 720p signals.

ramy - I agree, but it wouldn't make much sense if a TV converted 720p on the fly OTA, and didn't at least do that to component signals. I have a feeling it's an input mismatch

hancox said:
Weird. I've heard of certain TV's only accepting given resolutions on specifc component inputs (i.e. one does HD (1080i/720p), the other 480p (for a DVD player, for example). Might want to 2x check your inputs.

Or - you might be using a DVI <--> HDMI cable - these have been wrought with problems (I got a bad one myself)

Either way - let me know your model # when you get it - should be able to help better that way.

I'm using component - the TV doesn't have DVI. I probably won't be able to track down the model number until I get home, but I want to say it's a WS55511? Or maybe WS55512 - I think one may have the tuner and the other not.

ramy said:
Try setting the HD Tivo to 1080i and it will up convert the 720p signals. Your tv more than likely was doing the same thing and can't actually display 720p signals.

I've been doing that, and that works fine. I just want to make sure that there's not a problem with the TiVo.

IIRC, the Mitsu's label their inputs by resolution anyway, so it might say 1080i/480p/480i

If 1080i is working, then my mismatch theory goes out the window.

Mitsubishi TV's will only accept 720p signals OTA via the integrated tuner. It will not accept a 720p signal from a STB. You'll have to set your STB to 1080i and let it output everything at that resolution. Again, your TV (and all Mitsu CRT RPTV's) will not accept a 720p signal on any input.

spyfy said:
Mitsubishi TV's will only accept 720p signals OTA via the integrated tuner. It will not accept a 720p signal from a STB. You'll have to set your STB to 1080i and let it output everything at that resolution. Again, your TV (and all Mitsu CRT RPTV's) will not accept a 720p signal on any input.

I guess that explains it. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)