What will DTV replace my flaky HR10-250 with?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbohica

Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
I have a HR10-250 that I don't own, it's a proper lease for $6/mo. I know I could have purchased one on ebay by now for cheap, but I got this back when the darn things were $600. Anyway, it's REALLY flaky, I have to unplug it once a day to let it reboot. If I call up DTV and ask them to replace it, what do you think they will replace it with or offer me?

I have a HR10-250 that I don't own, it's a proper lease for $6/mo. I know I could have purchased one on ebay by now for cheap, but I got this back when the darn things were $600. Anyway, it's REALLY flaky, I have to unplug it once a day to let it reboot. If I call up DTV and ask them to replace it, what do you think they will replace it with or offer me?

They should send you another HD DVR, no definate word on what HD DVR.

I would call them and talk with them,when they replace it they will more than likely replace your dish too, depending on what else you have on your account.

That depends on whether or not you subscribe to HD programming.

If you do, you'll probably get an HR2x (0<x<4).

If you don't, you'll likely get an R16.

If the OTA tuners are important, I'd make sure they note that you're anxious about not losing that feature.

First off it should of been swapped out under the HD swap. If there something wrong with it we will not give you a HR10 but you will get a HR2x reciver in its place.

I have a HR10-250 that I don't own, it's a proper lease for $6/mo.

Never heard of ANY D* receiver leasing f/$6 - you really mean $5 I assume... :confused: :confused:
Or maybe you're mixed up with the DVR fee (which did just go up to $7) - you'll still have to pay that regardless of which DVR you have.

Anyway, do what stone says (as long as you pay the HD fee) - & any of the HR21-24 boxes will accomodate the AM21 OTA tuner, so it will continue to work like your HD Tivo. (the HR20's have it built in, but most likely you won't get one of those)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)