Free HD for Life New Customer Promo starting 6/5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

titanman100

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
Just saw a commercial from Dish that they are offering free HD. Will Direct tv follow suit? Would be nice. Alot of cable companies offer free HD.

Just got an EFlash From DirecTV that Free HD For Life begins June 5th.. From what I can read it's new customers only. Auto Bill Pay required. Seems to be not quite as good as Dish Plan to me..

Yep! Starts june 5th.

I hate followers... be a leader, not just copy what your competitor does.

New and Improved offer! On June 5th, we are launching FREE HD For Life! This is a limited time offer available for new customers. Requirements are simple:*

Eligible on CHOICE and above, OPTIMO MÁS and above
Customer must order at least 1 HD receiver with HD Access at the point of sale
Customer must sign up for Auto Bill Pay (ABP) at the point of sale and maintain ABP and HD Access at all times in order to receive the recurring lifetime credit

I wonder if a simple call to DirecTV will get you free HD. I have been getting a $10 credit applied to my account for HD Access but, that will end soon.

I have an old Total Choice package so I'm sure IF they allow existing subs to get in on the deal they would require them to upgrade to one of the new packages.

I wonder if a simple call to DirecTV will get you free HD. I have been getting a $10 credit applied to my account for HD Access but, that will end soon.

I have an old Total Choice package so I'm sure IF they allow existing subs to get in on the deal they would require them to upgrade to one of the new packages.

So far there is no mention of allowing existing subs to get this.. NEW customers only

New and Improved offer! On June 5th, we are launching FREE HD For Life! This is a limited time offer available for new customers. Requirements are simple:*
* Eligible on CHOICE and above, OPTIMO MÁS and above
* Customer must order at least 1 HD receiver with HD Access at the point of sale
* Customer must sign up for Auto Bill Pay (ABP) at the point of sale and maintain ABP and HD Access at all times in order to receive the recurring lifetime credit LET CUSTOMERS KNOW WHY OUR FREE HD OFFER IS BEST
At DIRECTV, we want to set the record straight so customers will know why our offer is really free and why DISH Network’s offer is going to cost them in the end! THE DIFFERENCE IS OBVIOUS DIRECTV DISH

PRE-PAYMENT FOR SERVICE NO YES

RECEIVER FEE COSTS $5 $7-$17

AUTO BILL PAY YES YES

RECEIVE HARD COPY OF BILLS YES NO

UPFRONT FEES
(customers opting to receive paper bill and no ABP) $0 $99

MOST FULL-TIME HD YES NO
With the most full-time HD, the most sports in HD and the most movies in 1080p HD, no one can compete with our FREE HD For Life offer.
To download a fact sheet with selling tips and information on how to add this limited time offer, click here.

*Additional details on requirements:

* $10 “Free HD” bill credit for the life of continuous service with DIRECTV
* Available from 6/5/10 – 7/21/10 to Fee and Non-Fee customers
* National offer or base package takers
* WorldDirect is not eligible

Last edited:
* Eligible on CHOICE and above, OPTIMO MÁS and above
* Customer must order at least 1 HD receiver with HD Access at the point of sale
* Customer must sign up for Auto Bill Pay (ABP) at the point of sale and maintain ABP and HD Access at all times in order to receive the recurring lifetime credit LET CUSTOMERS KNOW WHY OUR FREE HD OFFER IS BEST
At DIRECTV, we want to set the record straight so customers will know why our offer is really free and why DISH Network’s offer is going to cost them in the end! THE DIFFERENCE IS OBVIOUS DIRECTV DISH

PRE-PAYMENT FOR SERVICE NO YES

AUTO BILL PAY YES YES

RECEIVE HARD COPY OF BILLS YES NO

UPFRONT FEES
(customers opting to receive paper bill and no ABP) $0 $99

MOST FULL-TIME HD YES NO
With the most full-time HD, the most sports in HD and the most movies in 1080p HD, no one can compete with our FREE HD For Life offer.
To download a fact sheet with selling tips and information on how to add this limited time offer, click here.
*Additional details on requirements:

* $10 “Free HD” bill credit for the life of continuous service with DIRECTV
* Available from 6/5/10 – 7/21/10 to Fee and Non-Fee customers
* National offer or base package takers
* WorldDirect is not eligible

Somehow I think That lacks the correct formatting

why are Directv rumors posted in the open but Dish rumors are always in the PUB?
1) Its not a rumor anymore... 2) We dont have time to sit on this one since it happens tomorrow. With a lot of Dish Rumors we have days or weeks to give folks the heads up.

I don't know about anybody else but something does not look right with this offer. Since when does Directv have a receiver fee of $17?

edit: Never mind as the PDF below my post shows what it is. They are comparing their $5 fee to the Dish fee.

Here is a copy of the correspondence we received.

Attachments

• FreeHDforLife_2010_Q2_R7_GR_FINAL.pdf
    665.3 KB · Views: 579
Its comparing DIRECTV to DISH. DIRECTV's stuff is on the left, while DISH Networks stuff is on the right.

Things didnt copy over correctly from the PDF I was sent in pasting it to the board.

Seems pretty crappy to me. I'm a 10+ years existing customer so I have to pay $10/month for HD and $5 more/month for HD extra or whatever it's called and new customers will get it free for life ?

I can deal with new customers getting deals on equipment but to offer free HD for life to new customers and make the existing customers keep on paying for it sucks !!

Seems pretty crappy to me. I'm a 10+ years existing customer so I have to pay $10/month for HD and $5 more/month for HD extra or whatever it's called and new customers will get it free for life ?

I can deal with new customers getting deals on equipment but to offer free HD for life to new customers and make the existing customers keep on paying for it sucks !!

Somehow I suspect the uproar over not giving this to existing customers when Dish is giving it to theirs will cause DirecTV to rethink that little issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)