HR10-250 Restarts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffstra

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
My HR10-250 has a continuing problem of restarting while I'm watching. I then have to wait until it restarts to continue watching. This happens about every month. I have to unplug it for several hours before the problem goes away and then a month later it starts up again. Last night I recorded Boston Legal in maybe 4 segments because of the restarts and typically some of them become corrupted and can't be replayed. I was trying to watch Monday's "24" on Tuesday night when the replay was interrupted 4 times by restarts. The recording stayed OK but I finally gave up and went to bed before the end.

Anyone else?

My HR10-250 started to do reboots a number of months ago. D* said to do a reset and clear, which wipes out all to do lists and recorded shows but it fixed the problem for me. Might be worth a shot for yours to see if it helps.

rad said:
My HR10-250 started to do reboots a number of months ago. D* said to do a reset and clear, which wipes out all to do lists and recorded shows but it fixed the problem for me. Might be worth a shot for yours to see if it helps.

Is this obvious in the menus? I've done the reset but not the clear.

jeffstra said:
Is this obvious in the menus? I've done the reset but not the clear.

Sorry, don't remember the exact sequence but it's in the menu's.

rad said:
Sorry, don't remember the exact sequence but it's in the menu's.

Well, figuring out how to do it was easy but the execution wasn't what I expected. I pushed the button and it gave me a message that it was completely erasing and clearing all data and that the process would take an hour. An hour? How could it take that long? Two and a half hours later it finally finished and restarted as if I had just taken the unit out of the box. Which is OK with me if it gets rid of the restarts. It's just I should have done it before going to bed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)