Restarting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mowpar

Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
West va.
i recently removed my CD player from tv and direct tv because it broke. Now whenever I turn the tv off, the direct tv receiver shuts down. So now every time I turn the tv on, the direct tv has to go through a complete reset finding the satellite signal, the whole nine yards. I have researched the proper way to hook up the the box, and belie it to be correct. I only have, now, a tv and a direct tv box. Please help. I have turned power off of the box, and taken the card out as one thing I googled said to try,but it had no effect.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Mowpar!
Odd that the DirecTV box reboots every time it's turned off. Is HDMI-CEC enabled? It's a setting in the menu that turns the TV on and off when the DirecTV receiver is turned on and off.
Did you move the power cord to a different outlet?

Don't understand menu on tv menu on tv box. Move power plug to another outlet! What differenc would that make? I am not tech savvy so help wouod have to be easy to understand. Thanks!

The menu in the Directv box, under settings.

Did not work after all, i guess just saying it's a setting was not helpful enough. It's a setting is not very descriptive. Any other suggestion would be appreciated

Do you have it plugged into a surge protector? Sometimes certain outlets on those will completely cut power when you power them off. It's kinda dumb.

Reactions: harshness
Somewhere your D* recvr is losing power, thats the only way it should reboot, unless you actually go into the menus and tell it to .... unless you have a bad box, but it doesn't sound like thats the issue .

What Directv recvr (model) is it that is doing this ... and what remote ?

If it's not a bad box, I'm leaning towards it being plugged into a surge protector like ejb19180 suggested.

Or a light switch that gets turned off that they don't know turns on that particular outlet.
Possible, but since mowpar didn't mention anything about a switch, probably not.

I found the reason to be the stupid multi port extentention box with surge protection. I recently unplugged the thing to repaper the wall. The first plug port, if it were the tv, shutting the tv off, would shut off power to the other plugins, i.e. Satellite box. How stupid is this thing? Thanks for all your help.

Reactions: raoul5788
I found the reason to be the stupid multi port extentention box with surge protection. I recently unplugged the thing to repaper the wall. The first plug port, if it were the tv, shutting the tv off, would shut off power to the other plugins, i.e. Satellite box. How stupid is this thing? Thanks for all your help.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I have one, it's beyond stupid.

That's surely deliberate - they designed it so that you can have one device control the power of a many (i.e. if you turn off your computer it will turn off the monitor, printer, and external hard drive that are also plugged into it) Bet if you check out the part number on the back and look it up to find the manual online you'll see how it works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts