Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
Hello,

Did anyone else get a software update on the HD Tivo DVR? I got one right before the Daytona 500 and since the update (at least my receiver rebooted and said it was receiving an update) my OTA has been crap. I do have my OTA antenna on a rotor but have not moved it and my H20-100 receiver upstairs is pulling in the OTAs fine. But I get searching for signal on the Tivo and some of the shows I have recorded this week have been partials or pixelated.

Hello,

Did anyone else get a software update on the HD Tivo DVR? I got one right before the Daytona 500 and since the update (at least my receiver rebooted and said it was receiving an update) my OTA has been crap. I do have my OTA antenna on a rotor but have not moved it and my H20-100 receiver upstairs is pulling in the OTAs fine. But I get searching for signal on the Tivo and some of the shows I have recorded this week have been partials or pixelated.

Curious, are you using any splitters or barrels in the OTA run ?
If so, try replacing them and see if that helps.

Jimbo

Hello,

Pull the power for 30 seconds and try a hard reset. My OTA is no different thatn earlier versions. Currently on the 0x132 CE release.

Pull the power for 30 seconds and try a hard reset. My OTA is no different thatn earlier versions. Currently on the 0x132 CE release.

I tried that and no difference. One weird thing I see, I go into OTA signal strength and tuner 2 stays at a constant 60 level while tuner 1 fluctuates from 0-60. Is one tuner supposed to be doing that?

Vew Dew,
What receiver are you using ?
You've mentioned the Software version Ox132 (which is for the HR20-700 only)
The HR20-700 is not a TIVO based unit.
but you've also mentioned TIVO (TIVO is the HR10-250 and software version 6.3c)
These are two entirely different software updates and different receivers.
We can help you better if we know for sure what units your using.

Jimbo

Vew Dew,
What receiver are you using ?
You've mentioned the Software version Ox132 (which is for the HR20-700 only)
The HR20-700 is not a TIVO based unit.
but you've also mentioned TIVO (TIVO is the HR10-250 and software version 6.3c)
These are two entirely different software updates and different receivers.
We can help you better if we know for sure what units your using.

Jimbo

I never mentioned anything about 0x132. I have an HR10-250 with version 6.3c. Someone else mentioned the 0x132.

I never mentioned anything about 0x132. I have an HR10-250 with version 6.3c. Someone else mentioned the 0x132.

Sorry Vew Dew,
You are correct, I looked at seperate posts and thought it was the same person.
Have you got your situation straightened out ?

Jimbo

Sorry Vew Dew,
You are correct, I looked at seperate posts and thought it was the same person.
Have you got your situation straightened out ?

Jimbo

No problem. Unfortunately I haven't gotten it resolved. I am contemplating calling Directv and complaining, maybe I can get an HR20 out of it instead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)