HR10-250 Tuner Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BJA

Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Michigan
I have a question about the HR10-250 I just hooked up. I have inputs going to Sat1 and the OTA antenna. I don’t have the Sat2 input connected yet, because I need to run another cable from the dish.
When I’m watching a program live OTA and have the DVR setup to record a program from the Satellite and it becomes time to begin recording. The DVR prompts me to either change to the channel I’m recording or end the recording to continue viewing the present channel.
I checked the System Information screen and only one of the OTA tuners is enabled. I can’t find anyway to enable the second tuner.
Does the Sat2 have to be connected to enable the second OTA tuner? I took the cover off and both tuners are connected to the splitter.

Page 2 of the Service Information looks like this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVR Service: Active
Tuner List: DIRECTV 1 (Sat1): Enabled
DIRECTV 2 (Sat2): Not Enabled
ATSC 1 (Ant In): Enabled
ATSC 2 (Ant In): Not Enabled
Recording Capacity: Variable, up to 30 HD or 200 SD hours
Program Source: Satellite and off-air antenna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone now why the second OTA tuner isn’t enabled?
The DVR is running software Rev 3.1.5f-01-02-357.
It’s been activated for two weeks now but hasn’t updated to 6x yet.

Bill

Thanks JD;
I was wounding if I had to have the second Sat input connected to enable the other tuner. I don't understand why that would be, but so be it. I'll after crawl under the house and run the second Sat line
Bill

Well, it comes down to the software. The software is based on the SD TiVos. When they added the two OTA tuners they just paired each with a sat tuner. So as far as the software is concerned there are only two tuners it has to control. IMO, they could rewrite the software so that you could have any combination of sat and OTA recordings at the same time. Maybe that's what will happen when the new HDTiVo comes out later this year or early next.

JD, you were right.
I finally got the Sat2 cable connected and that enabled the second OTA tuner.
Thanks
Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts