HR10-250 v6.3 Announcement / Release (It's out now!!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have two boxes. One upgraded late yesterday.

The second is still stuck on the old software despite repeated phone calls.

I'm just north of Dallas. It all seems pretty random. Maybe by serial number since my "older" box was upgraded first?

I'm still not getting the update even after forcing a call and resetting my receiver. How long does it usually take to "roll out" an update like this? A week? 2 weeks? A month?

showard said:
I have two boxes. One upgraded late yesterday.

The second is still stuck on the old software despite repeated phone calls.

I'm just north of Dallas. It all seems pretty random. Maybe by serial number since my "older" box was upgraded first?
I'm still waiting too.

There is no reason to force several calls a day. The update will get pushed to the box, through the dish. This usually occurs at around 2am. If you force a call early in the day and you dont see a restart pending you may as well wait until the next day to force another call.

The first updates were pushed out on 9/12 and will continue through the middle of october.

dgordo said:
There is no reason to force several calls a day. The update will get pushed to the box, through the dish. This usually occurs at around 2am. If you force a call early in the day and you dont see a restart pending you may as well wait until the next day to force another call.

The first updates were pushed out on 9/12 and will continue through the middle of october.

the update is NOT through the dish.

ShadowEKU said:
the update is NOT through the dish.

That's contrary to everything thing that I've seen/heard posted about the process. The actual software is pushed out via satellite but it takes the phone call to tell the box to install the code. Not saying you're wrong just curious where you got your info from.

rad said:
That's contrary to everything thing that I've seen/heard posted about the process. The actual software is pushed out via satellite but it takes the phone call to tell the box to install the code. Not saying you're wrong just curious where you got your info from.
You are correct....the update is pushed to your DVR via the dish, and the phone
call authorizes it's install(insures you are a paid sub.)..perhaps the poster is confused as how this works because after a period of time(after weeks or months)
the update is taken off the sattelite, and handled by phone only.:)

Well I can speak to the contrary simply from what I experienced forever and a day ago....I have one ofthe DVR80s (before the r10) and I had it hooked up from day one... the day I got the software it made a 45 minute call downloading data. so it had to pull the software via the phone...

now if they have changed this practice since then I apologize. but ALL the updates I have gotten have been via the phone.

Take it for what it's worth, but D* told me they did their first round and their 2nd round is going to be Oct 4th. Then she back tracked and said maybe the rollout what happening up to Oct 4th. So who the heck knows. I am probably more confused now than I was before. :eek:

There are no "rounds" to the rollout. They are pushing out updates daily. This will continue through the middle of october. By the middle of october everyone will have the update.

I have never had any of mine hooked up to a regular phone line. I even did the initial call over PPoE.

ShadowEKU said:
okay, well if true i apologize....but this does contradict what actually happened last time.
Updates CAN happen over the phone lines in certain situations. For example, I did not have one box hooked to a phone line. Months after 6.2 came down, I moved it and wanted 6.2 on it. Since the update was no longer coming down from the satellites, it performed the 6.2 download via the phone line.

ShadowEKU said:
Well I can speak to the contrary simply from what I experienced forever and a day ago....I have one ofthe DVR80s (before the r10) and I had it hooked up from day one... the day I got the software it made a 45 minute call downloading data. so it had to pull the software via the phone...

now if they have changed this practice since then I apologize. but ALL the updates I have gotten have been via the phone.

Updates can be by either method. Immediately after the initial software release all updates will normally be made by satellite. Units not in service during this period will be updated after the initial period by phone. My HR10 was updated to 3.1.5f by phone after purchase a few months ago.

Hey Rupert, now that the 6.3 updated has come to a halt - this your chance to step off the smelly, fat "Turdbird".
I have been with D* for many years and it really is the same old song & dance. I'll probly stay a while because as crappy as D* is......E* is right there too. In this day & age we expect to have state of the art equipment, after all....the future is now. Instead we have glitchy, resettin, overheating & froze up receivers. As we speak, my audio has stopped during MNF. ESPN HD

Last edited:
asousa said:
I have 3.1.5e but can't get my reciever to dial out... gets to negotiating and just sits there

Asousa: My HD Tivo is pending a restart right now (3.1E).

I know 2 posts below you say that you need to get your phone line issues resolved. Are you sure its your line and not the phone settings in the HD Tivo? Here's my story:

1. This is my second box (replacement box).
2. First one no problem w/ dialing out ever.
3. When got replacement box, dialed out fine that day, but "never" again.
4. After several long calls to Protection Plan, BTW each time getting and Indian rep, we changed some settings and got it to force a call.

When I spoke to the rep (this is before the conf. of dialing out), she said last call was on the 9/14 even though messages were telling me other wise. Go figure.

Hopefully this helps in some way.

Sorry and thanks for listening guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts