Status
Please reply by conversation.

nico

Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
Hi Guys!!!

I am Nico a satellite tv enthusiast.

I have a question for you all. :confused:

I recently purchased a HR10 250 DVR and have not been able to record any programs, the reason is according to Direct tv that I have not plugged in the box to the phone line so I would not be able to activate any of the functions needed to record, watch the recordings, etc.

The problem is that I do not have a phone line, I use only celullars.

Is there any way I can use the DVR recording functions without connecting to the regular phone line? Can I do it using the celullar?

Any suggestions, :eureka

Thanks,

Nico

You need to run through the initial activation with a land based phone line, there is no way around it. So you can take it to a friends house that has a phone line and let it call out there (they don't need a dish, just plug the receiver into the TV). Force a few daily calls to make sure you get any software updates if there are any.

After that you won't need the phone line (other then for PPV and perhaps Sunday Ticket) but you will get a daily nag screen after 30 days if you don't have a phone line hooked up. If this annoys you enough you can try to connect via PPP if you have a Windows XP computer.

Also, once the 6.3 software updates comes down you will need to take it back to a friends house with a phone line to activate the update.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts