HR10-250Can't get locals without local channels without being a subscriber, or can I?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bearklaw

Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
I canceled my subscription to Direct TV last weekend and took down my Direct TV antenna. I left my over the air antenna so I could get my locals on my HR10-250 and now it keeps saying recorder sorry, the recorder must re-acquire information from the satellite as soon as the recorder is done you will be able to watch live TV again meanwhile you can press the Direct TV button and watch programs from the now playing list.

The HR10-250 will not operate as a stand-alone OTA receiver without a DirecTV connection. There are some older DirecTV HD receivers that will do this, but later ones (HR10, H10, HR20, H20 etc) will not.

I canceled my subscription to Direct TV last weekend and took down my Direct TV antenna. I left my over the air antenna so I could get my locals on my HR10-250 and now it keeps saying recorder sorry, the recorder must re-acquire information from the satellite as soon as the recorder is done you will be able to watch live TV again meanwhile you can press the Direct TV button and watch programs from the now playing list.
----------------
Welcome to SDatelliteGuys.US........ :welcome
I think you can rerun your setup, using the OTA antenna only option. This will
allow you to view programming, but I don't think you can record them w/o
D*'s service.(not sure of this)

----------------
Welcome to SDatelliteGuys.US........ :welcome
I think you can rerun your setup, using the OTA antenna only option. This will
allow you to view programming, but I don't think you can record them w/o
D*'s service.(not sure of this)

Mea culpa, you are correct. You can use the OTA tuners on the HR10 but you can't record anything.

Thanks everyone, Is there some file I can load on it to fix that problem..

Thanks everyone, Is there some file I can load on it to fix that problem..
--------------------
I don't have my Tivo anymore, but I think you can get it working by going to
Settings/Sat&off air antenna/Repeat guide setup..... (OTA only).I don't know however if
this will kill the nag screen that reminds you to connect sat. service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)