HR20/10-250 combo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
I am preparing for an installation on Saturday, if it doesnt snow.
I was hoping the OTA would be on but since it will not be I have a plan. Please tell me if my thinking is flawed. (But just on this issue)

I want to keep my 10-250 just the way it is but take one SAT coaxial and hook it to the HR20. I have two HD inputs in my HDTV and will plug in the HR20 into component2.
I then should receive all the HD locals in Detroit via sat, and through my 10-250, all the OTA Toledo stations.
I will be able to record one ota and one sat on the 10-250 and one sat on the HR20.

Now comes the tricky part, the bedroom. (But just on this issue)

I have a R15 set up in the bedroom and use it to watch recorded Jay Leno shows that we fall asleep watching. My deal with D* was that I keep two live units going, the 10-250 and the HR20.

I have a wireless transmitter (SD of course) that will send AV. I use it now to send from the R15 to the main TV as back-up. The RF for the remote is awful but it works for the odd ball "must see show"

My idea is to set up the transmitter to broadcast from the HR20 to the bedroom tv.
If I set up the HR20 remote for RF I should be able to control the HR20 from the bedroom. Will it interact with the 10-250? I am assuming that they have different codes and the RF vs IR should negate any conflict.

It is a temporary solution to shortcomings (But just on this issue)
But it may work long term to add to my capacity and eliminate a stb on my dresser.

Will it work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts