HR20-100 Audio sync problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

junianby

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Uniontown, PA
Does anyone in the Pittsburgh, PA area have any audio sync problems. I've done so many resets to try and stop the audio sync and it won't stop. I've called D* and they keep saying that they will send a tech out to check the hr20 for $70.00.
I don't have this problem on my H20.:mad:

Is Dolby Digital On? I had audio synch issues when this was enabled but seemed to go away when I turned it off

How your IRD is connected to the TV can impact a/v sync. If you have audio through a home theater rcvr, that can introduce audio delay, and D* will probably not be able to assist you. Are you using HDMI directly into your TV? HDMI have been notoriously problematic and D* will instruct you to use component video and optical or RCA audio jacks.

For troubleshooting, connect directly to TV (no home theater rcvr) using composite video and rca audio (white/red cables). If that corrects/reduces the a/v sync problem, try replacing the composite video with component video cables. If that is still better than your original configuration, replace the audio connections and try the optical audio connection.

I had a real bad audio sync issue with a recording of Hero's last week. I just assumed it was bad on the live feed from NBC and not my HR20.

I will see what happens this monday and put the show on for a for mins to see if it's the recording or NBC.

I had a real bad audio sync issue with a recording of Hero's last week. I just assumed it was bad on the live feed from NBC and not my HR20.

I will see what happens this monday and put the show on for a for mins to see if it's the recording or NBC.

Check out multiple live mpeg-4 channels. I've seen it live, not just recorded, and not restricted to HR20.... I see it on H20's as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)