HR20-100 {CE:09:01} - 0x1?? Announcement

mike1973

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
HR20-100 {CE:09:01} - 0x1B4 Announcement&Discussion

Looks like some love for the -100 users, including DOD!! Also several other CE releases coming this weekend!

DBSTalk.Com

Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-100 {CE:09:01} - 0x1??

Windows of opportunity to download:
Friday; October 19, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; October 20, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Download Probability: 70%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While you are waiting for the Window to open:
MUST READ AND AGREE TO: - The CE Rules, Faq and Tips Thread... Here

Please join "us" in the CHAT room, about 15 minutes before the window opens... and till... well to the last person turns off the lights...
DBSTalk.Com -

The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of 0x18a National Release)

* Items from CE:01:01

Improved

* TBA

Updated

* TBA

New feature(s)

* 01 - DirecTV On Demand Support

Notes

* Release Notes: TBA

Note to other sites and users of those sites:
You are permitted to copy this CE Announcement in it's entirety (including this disclaimer) without modification so long as you provide a clickable link to DBSTalk.com.

Last edited:
I hope this CE gets released for the 100's. I have been quietly waiting on testing DOD. Hopefully the 700's have all the bugs worked and this is the last step in taking it national.

The HR20-100 users are finally getting some CE Love! Hopefully this will help fix a glitch I have with Tuner 2 reading low on the 110 feeds. It's annoying to have it reading 30% lower than Tuner 1 and only for the 110 sat.

I've got the same problem with my tuner 2

Same here with tuner 2 on 110. Swapped cables, BBCs and new BBCs. Short of calling for a replacement I don't know what to do. Only on the 100, the 700 in the bedroom if fine.

Mine is in the boot process right now. The download did seem pretty quick.

DOD seems to be on by default, but when I hit "On Demand" nothing happens. Can't tune to channel 1000 either. Might have to wait for it to be activated like the -700

DOD seems to be on by default, but when I hit "On Demand" nothing happens. Can't tune to channel 1000 either. Might have to wait for it to be activated like the -700

Make that two of use with the same issue.

I think it might take a little while to kick in based on what I have heard. Probably going to crash and hopefully get up tomorrow to lots of stuff. New version seems very solid so far though.

#1 have you turned on VOD using the IWANTMYVOD code? (search here for instructions)

#2 the VOD took about 25 minutes before I started seeing it in my guidewhe it was release for the 700 seris.

#3 How long have you been plugged in to the internet? Make sure you are connected to Ethernet. It may take a few days for DirecTV to see your plugged into th internet before they turn on the VOD feature for you.

Chances are #1 and 2 is the reason though if you have been connected to the internet for awhile with your receiver.

#1 have you turned on VOD using the IWANTMYVOD code? (search here for instructions)

#2 the VOD took about 25 minutes before I started seeing it in my guidewhe it was release for the 700 seris.

#3 How long have you been plugged in to the internet? Make sure you are connected to Ethernet. It may take a few days for DirecTV to see your plugged into th internet before they turn on the VOD feature for you.

Chances are #1 and 2 is the reason though if you have been connected to the internet for awhile with your receiver.

1) From what I have read at DBSTalk you don't have to do the iwantmyvod anymore. I had the button right after the download. I also did it just to make sure and the VOD option already showed enabled.

2) Nothing to do now but wait.

3) I have been connected to the Internet ever since I received the HR20 3 months ago. I tested the connection and it is fine.

It seems that it was on by default, I did the "iwantmyvod" anyway and it was defaulted to ON. I'm sure its just a waiting game but I'm not sure how long I want to wait tonight, I'm tired :D

FYI, version is 0x1B4 if someone wants to update the title of the thread.

Crap, I'm tired and want to go to bed but I want to see what happens. I know CE's aren't supposed to be about new features but this is pretty cool. This is the future and gives DTV a huge boost in competition with cable if they do this right. Are you following this Dish :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)