HR20-100 {CE:09:01} - 0x1?? Announcement

Mike you seem to always be one step ahead of me tonight. :)

This could be very interesting depending on the content they provide.

Ok, it works and my roomates HR20 isn't smoking so I'm going to bed! Too many late nights this week. I'll get a chance to mess with tomorrow.

Just hit menu on the remote and you will see an option for On Demand or change to channel 1000.

OK... I have VOD!

Bad thing is that my Tuner 2 is still buggy... maybe buggier now than before. I'm having issues with both 110 and 103b. Funny thing is that I'm showing 80's and up for signal strength on 103b.

Anyone else having this issue?

Okay it populated. I queued up a movie. I started watching it about 2 minutes after downloading began. I have a 3 mbps cable connection. I want to see if it stays ahead of the download. I will keep everyone updated.

Finally downloading tonight. Was at Uconn game last night in the rain. Nice game.

hdmore, if your HR20 is near your network router, you just run an Ethernet cable from the HR20 to the router. Thats it. If its not and you have wireless, then you need to get a wireless bridge which will take the wireless signal and bring it down to an Ethernet cable which plugs into the HR20. Do some searches here or DBSTalk.com that talk about that process.

OK... I have VOD!

Bad thing is that my Tuner 2 is still buggy... maybe buggier now than before. I'm having issues with both 110 and 103b. Funny thing is that I'm showing 80's and up for signal strength on 103b.

Anyone else having this issue?

Similar issue. On 103b, Tuner 1 is showing 31% while Tuner 2 is showing 78%.

Sats 101, 110, 119, & 103a both tuners read 93%
99b - Not Aquired.

Once the upgrade was finished, my tuner 2 didn't work on FXHD. I had to do a hard reset on the box and when it booted up again, all my channels seemed to work ok.

Almost the exact same issue on my second HR20-100. My second tuner wouldn't come up until I rebooted the box after the upgrade. Seems for now, everything looks ok.

Hi,
Thanks for the info. a couple of questions....even though I need to purchase a wireless 'bridge' I forced a download on my HR20-100 located in my bedroom as this is the machine I want to use as the CE box. The question is will I have to download the HR20-100 code again after I connect the ethernet bridge or is it smart enough to recognize the bridge? When I downloaded the CE this past Saturday I did not discern any difference from the software that was currently loaded. No hint of DOD anywhere.
second question..... exactly where does the ethernet cable from the bridge plug into the HR20 -100?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mark

I ran the update says there is new software downloads and installs but i dont see any diffrence I think it is not downloading the right software it is showing 018A is this right?

I ran the update says there is new software downloads and installs but i dont see any diffrence I think it is not downloading the right software it is showing 018A is this right?

Nope, should be 01B4. You need to do it in the right window of time. This past weekend it was Fri and Sat 11pm-2:30 am, any other time and you'll just get the national release.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)