Hr20-100 & Hr20-700 Ce #11:01

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Well, the HR20 (100 & 700) have CEs tonight in the stream, but D* has not sent any notes as of 11:50.

If we get notes we'll post a new thread, but I have no idea what to expect in this release.

There was a national release started of the last Ce that was completed, so if you deceide to try this one I would hope you would be able to roll back if needed, but that would be subjective to whether D* has rolled out to your area yet this new national release that started 1/9.

When we get notes we will post them, hopefully Saturday before the second window.

Notes now in next post (5pm Saturday)

Last edited:
OK, here are the notes for the CE from last night. It will also be available tonight. Pay special attention to the added disclaimer. This CE may have higher risk than usual.

These notes are for both the HR20-700 & HR20-100 models.
Saturday 1/12/08 11pm - 2:30 am, EST

Important notes regarding this version
There is always the possibility that your system may have issues with a CE release.
So caution should always be used.... if you are having too many issues, role back to the national release version.
If your unit is "bricked" (very very remote chance), let us know so we can work with DirecTV.

So please you must absolutely understand these risks, before forcing this download
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of Last National Release)
  • Items from CE:11:01

Improved
  • 01 - First press of Format Button - Display current resolution
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - Misc. Improvements

Updated
  • N/A

New feature(s)
  • 01 - Green button cycles audio
  • 01 - "As Broadcasted" Format Option ~ Pure Native PassThrough
    Basically... EXACTLY what is transmitted by the content carry is sent to your display device.

Notes
  • Absolutely 100% make sure you understand the risks of this download.

I may have to go back to the national release as on this CE the picture freezes up yet the sound keeps playing. The only way to get picture back is to reset the unit.

I was real happy with the last CE (the one that became the national release last week)

I decided to skip this one, these first couple changes after a good release always seem to be more problematic. The unusual extra warnings weren't too comforting either :)

Now the next problem - has your area been turned on for last weeks staggered rollout yet? You may be going back farther than you expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)