HR20-100 intermittent reception of MPEG4 stations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Geckotek

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Dallas
This is killing me....my receiver intermittently decides when I need to watch MPEG4 channels. I come home and find that certain programs that I've set to record are there, but empty and that several of my MPEG4 channels are just blank screens when I attempt to watch them.

Then, for some reason, some of them re-appear.

This is killing me, I'm missing some of my favorite shows. I've called D* and they've had me reset my box, they've re-authed the channels, none of that works. The last guy told me it was a known issue and that a software update was coming out to fix it.

I've searched some on here and haven't seen this exact issue (not that it's not hear, but just didn't find it.) You guys have any input/ideas?:confused:

BTW, this is a new box that was delivered last weekend.

Maybe you have a bad BBC (or both). They are connected directly to the Sat Ins on the receiver right? See if D* will send you 2 new ones to test.

Yeah, they are connected directly to the back.

Seems to be working okay tonight. If I notice another blank channel, I'll try that. But seems like a stretch. I tend to believe the software glitch more than anything.

I have the same issue with my locals (only) I think the reason your screen is black is that you lost your signal. It usually pixelates (blocky pic) then goes to black. After a while, the pic comes back and somedays there is no problem at all. I don't know if this is a D* issue or my issue. My dish has been pointed correctly and peaked. I just grumble and live with it.....cool if there is a software fix for this if it's a D* issue.

No issues today.

I haven't seen it fade out like that yet. I have been able to tune to a Game channel, then change back and my other channels appear. Coincidence????

Had trouble getting channel 269 last night and then noticed a number of the new HD channels were not coming in. One of the channels had a banner that said they were experiencing technical difficulty -- it was one of the new MPEG4 HD channels in the 200s but I do not recall which. Since I never had a problem with this before and my dish was recently repointed, I assume it's on D* side -- but I will monitor the situation. I was using my new H21 at the time.

Reboots work well to temporarily fix this problem. Other options include: replace the BBCs (check for a 771 message telling you which tuner it is), force download the National release of 018A. I've also tried changing the channel up one and then back down (this works about 33% of the time for me).

Just to be sure... You aren't running the CE are you? I've noticed that this is a known issue for users of the CE 01B4 and 01B9. I've tested trying to refresh the cards using the D* site, no go; rebooting seems to help for a bit; BBCs are scheduled to arrive soon so I can swap and test.

Hopefully this helps, because I'm right there with you in frustration.

If you are having issues with your HD channels at any time call the csr roulette hotline and prey you get someone smart, if you dont ask to speak with the protecton plan, they are part of technicanl csr , everytime i call they are excellent service:)

I am having the same problem as original poster. For example I cannot get FXHD, TBSHD, and USAHD to all come in at the same time. I get the 771 message on one or two. If I change channels a couple times then one of the channels that was out will come on and another will go out. I have an extra BBC and have tried swapping them but it didn't make a difference. CSR believes it's a cabling issue but can't see why it would suddenly start and only affect these stations. I suppose it could be the way the multiswitch was setup. If anyone has a solution please post. Thanks.

Actually, I never see an error. The box upstairs got the 771 message until he found his BBC and installed it. Wonder if somehow his box missing the BBC screwed up my box (I highly doubt it, but reaching here.)

Again, things are going well tonight, but the last 2 days I've come home early and changed through all the channels one at a time to make sure they work. I guess the first good test will be when I don't come straight home from work and the system records before I get home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)