HR20-100 needs rebooting to play recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
I just got my HR20-100 a couple weeks ago and it has been working fine except this problem I occasionally get. For example yesterday I sat down to watch a 2 hour movie I had recorded. As soon as I pressed play it asked if I wanted to delete it as if I had just finished watching the whole thing. There was nothing I could do to say no, start the thing again. I was about to give up when I thought about restarting and thankfully, there was my recording ready to watch when I hit play.

My HR20-700 which I have had much longer has never done this. It just froze in the past which required restarting.

Has anybody else had this playing a recording problem, and if so, what's the solution besides restarting? Do I have a bad unit?

BTW, I'm just running the latest national firmware.

I just signed up for D* about a month ago and had the same problem with my HR20-100. It started out giving me the done/delete message pretty infrequently but by about a month in it was happening on a daily basis. I'd suggest calling D* and trying to get a new unit while it's still under warenty. I've had my new box for about a week and haven't had 1 occurence of the problem.

Same problem here. I'm getting my 3rd box in 3 weeks this Friday. Both HR20-100 have the same problems. Not only does it want to delete my recordings, my DVR functions (pause, rewind, etc) don't work.

After having another problem with the HR20-100, I called D* last night and they're sending a replacement. That makes the first replacement for this model and I've already replaced a HR20-700. Is the quality that bad these days or what's going on???

I think RUPERT pushed out the DirecTV DVRs before they were ready. I had the same problem with my r15. I am sending the original back tomorrow as I had to have a new one sent to me. IMO they should have waited until the dvrs were ready for shipment before shipping but oh well, hindsight is 20/20, it's water under the bridge now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)