HR20-100 Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kaomie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
New Lenox, IL
I have had this unit for about a month and twice I haven't been able to turn the unit on. I used the remote and the power button on the unit with no success. I ended up have to unplug the unit to reset it. Any ideas?

How long have you left it unplugged? Try about 15 minutes. If no luck next time do a hard download for the newest software to upload to your box. If you seach this forum there is a number you key in at the start up screen to make the unit do this.

I just unplug it for a few minutes, then it starts up again. But it is a pain to have to do it. I'll try to get the latest software next time. Thanks.

Sometime you have to leave the unit unpluged for many minutes to let the 'memory" or capacitors or "flux capacitors" :D discharge completely Good Luck

When the unit powers up and says "Hello your directv reciever is starting up" (or whatever the hell it is...) punch in 02468 on your remote. This will force the reciever to do a software download. What are your signal strengths on satellite 101 and 119?

We just got a HR20-100 this Monday & it's doing the same thing, we have to reset it at least two times a day. It has the latest software. My two HR20-700's have no issues at all, is there a difference between the two models? We are definitely sending the 100 back for an exchange, hopefully we will get a 700.

We just got a HR20-100 this Monday & it's doing the same thing, we have to reset it at least two times a day. It has the latest software. My two HR20-700's have no issues at all, is there a difference between the two models? We are definitely sending the 100 back for an exchange, hopefully we will get a 700.

Minor differences, besides the manufacture, the -700 is made by Pace, the -100 is RCA/Thompson , if I recall corrctly.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)