HR20-100 SLOW channel changing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
We got an HR20-100 on 9/24. We noticed right away it took a smidge longer to change ch annels than it did before with our H20. I mean 3 seconds compared to 2. We figured it was that the DVR tapes what you are watching for instant replay. When you switched the ch annel, it would be all grey (the screen) for a second or 2 then your new channel would appear.

Well as of last night, it takes about 12-15 seconds to change a channel. The menus navigate very fast. However, if you type in a number or pick from the guide, the new channel is selected (the blue top bar comes on with the channel) but the video takes about 12-15 to come onto your screen. It's no longer grey either.. it's all black.

I checked, and there were no updates.

Have you tried to reboot it? Computers like that every now and then. That could be the problem and it never hurts to try that.

My HR20-100 started doing the same after the new HD channels and Game Lounge became available...Reboot doesn't help....

I rebooted, and it did get faster. However, not as fast as it was Sunday. During the NFL on Sunday, it was plenty fast. Last night, my wife started complaining it was taking 15 seconds to change channels. During football, it was 1-2 seconds. Now it's like 4.

Im not super enamored with the DVR, to be honest, so I'm considering dropping it for an H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)