Here are the differences and they are very very minor.
- RF antenna is inside for -700. Its external on -100. Some have reported a greater range on the -100
- -100 has 2 digital audio outs. One is RCA type coax and the other is Toslink optical. The -700 only has Toslink
- The -100 has a slightly larger hard drive by 20 GB.
- The -100 has 2 ethernet ports but its reported that the second one will never be used.
- The -100 is slightly cooler and has its vent on the bottom of the unit and the -700 is on the top. The top makes a fancy Directv swoosh with the holes.
Aside from slightly different release schedules on the software, they act and do the same thing. I have both and really have no preference at all.
I just had a HR20-100 installed 7-23 and it only has Toslink optical output, NO coax digital out. It has 1 ethernet port and a USB port. There is NO external connection for a RF antenna and I have no idea if there's 1 on the inside because I was given an IR remote.
I just thought I'd mention these differences fwiw.
Are you sure you have a -100 and not a -700 ?
Anyone know where I can get a RF remote?
I think your mistaken. Their talking about HR 20 not H20. The DVR receiver. No big deal just thought I'd let you know.It's a 100 and it was made in Mexico. Says so on the box and in the info&test menu. I was disappointed with the optical output cuz I had a couple unused digital coax cables and had to go buy my first optical cable for this DVR. I tried switching my remote to RF but it wouldn't work, it's only a IR. I'm thinking that this H20-100 must have a built-in antenna cuz there is no external antenna hookup on the back. Anyone know where I can get a RF remote?
We had a HR20-700s that died. Yesterday the DTV guy came and replaced it with a refurbished HR20-100s. He gave us a new RC64R remote (RF with the larger buttons). He let us keep our older RC32R (RF enabled) remote too. I've tried now with both and when I set it to RF, it doesn't respond to either remote.
I've read that some of the DTV DVRs need an external RF antenna. Is this one of them? Is that why the RF won't work? Can anyone help?