HR20 -22 MPEG4 lock up / pixelation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Izzy_Asper_Sucks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
I need some help please. I have a HR20-700 and HR22-100 experiencing the same problem. When watching MPEG4 channels the picture sometimes locks up and breaks up, almost like rain fade except under clear skys. I first thought my HR20 was going flaky but I now have a HR22 which is doing the same thing. I have moved recently and had the dish professionally installed and pointed both times, and the only common thing I can think of is the switch on the dish. Is there anything else I could check before I invest in a new switch. Thanks.

Yes when the pixilation starts, when it gets really bad the audio drops out all together. The screen doesn't go com[pletely black, sometimes the picture still moves with artifacts of previous frames. I forgot to mention no trees or other obstructions blocking the dish, clear shot to the sky....

Sorry, signal strenghts look good, any one in particular? SD and MPEG2 channels are always fine, this only effects MPEG4 channels.

This is not a small intermitant problem, sometimes it goes on for an hour or more and makes it impossible to watch a show. My freinds who have the same or similar equipment do not seem to be having the same problem as me??? Is the severity of the problem common, I can't imagine that every subscriber is having this kind of disruption in their service?

Yeah, that's extreme. Since both receivers show the same thing, I'll have to say you have an LNB problem or possibly a multiswitch if you have one.

Exactly what dish do you have? Is there a multiswitch also being used?

Does this happen on both tuners? Check the BBCs.

How do I know which dish I have? I know it's 5 LNB. Is a multiswitch external to the switch onboard the LNB dish, I'm only using the 4 outputs provided on the dish right to the receivers. It happens on both recievers which is what makes me think the problem is something external. Please tell me what a BBC is. Thanks

The BBC is a B-Band Converter which connects between the lines from your dish to the back of the receiver. Thay are needed to receive the MPEG4 signals. You'll see little blocks on the back of your receiver.

I find it weird that this problem happens on both receivers, so I'm leaning toward a bad LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)