HR20-700 can't record locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neff2k

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
We upgraded to a HR20-700 a couple of weeks ago, my wife has tried to record the local NBC show twice now and it automatically switches to the DNS NBC channel which of course we don't get. By local I am refering to the local channels from the dish not OTA. Anyone else experience this problem?

EDIT: The show she is trying to record is Heros..

?

Odd... no, that should be happening.

how did she set the recording up? As a Search?

Try in the Guide, to hit the R button the the listing for the show, on the specific channel you want.

The HR20, is channel specifici in it's series link settings.

Yea, she may have set it on the NBC which is in the 80's which is NY. Make sure the series link is actually set on your local channel.

We upgraded to a HR20-700 a couple of weeks ago, my wife has tried to record the local NBC show twice now and it automatically switches to the DNS NBC channel which of course we don't get. By local I am refering to the local channels from the dish not OTA. Anyone else experience this problem?

Are you referring to the mpeg4 local, since the ota locals are not available yet with the HR20?

Nope. I've been recording mpeg4 locals. Just have to be careful to choose the right channel from your guide. Maybe you can define a Favorites list that does not show the DNS channels (assuming the DNS channels have no signal since u have mpeg4 locals)?

The only problem I have is that one of my locals does not provide full guide info for its HD channel (ch 22, the CW in Raleigh). Instead the guide shows "Regular Programming", or something like that. So when I try to record a show, I get stuck recording the SD channel instead of the hd channel.

I've tried manual recordings, but they don't seem to appear in the DVR recordings list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts