HR20-700 optical cable - weak connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rob40wilson03

Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
On my HR20-700, the optical audio cable does not fit into the back of the sat. box snugly at all. Honestly, if i were to go and wiggle the box ever so slightly it would just fall out. Has anybody else had this problem?

Also, i pulled the optical cable from the DVD player and tried it, and it did the same thing, so that rules out the cable itself, and the opposite ends of both fit very snugly and tightly into the back of my A/V receiver.

Any thoughts?

as an installer i did run into that with an hr21, i believe it is a design flaw that keeps the optical cable snug.

I Have the Same Problem with the Flaky HR20-700 Audio Connector

I have two HR20-700 receivers and have the same problem with both of them. With one of them, I was able to get it to click in solidly by pressing very hard. Now that I have it in there, I'm never going to take it out. That's for sure.

With the other one, I've been limping along for quite awhile with the cable connector just sitting there loosely in the hole. However, the connector has now reached the point where even that doesn't work anymore. So, now I simply have no digital audio output from this DVR.

It's bad enough that this model only has one digital audio output connector, but to have this connector go bad adds insult to injury.

Check insinde the connection. Sometimes the flap covering the opening comes loose and gets lodged inside.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts