HR20-700 output question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SantaSailor

Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Florida
I have the HR20-700 receiver that is hooked up to my plasma with the HDMI cable. I tried connecting the composite output from the receiver to my DVD burner but don't get any signal. I verified that my DVD burner is working by connecting it to the composite output of my R15-300 that is in the other room. Is there something special I have to do to get composite output of the HR20-700? I have checked the manual and the boards but this is not mentioned. Or is my receiver bad? Any help is appreciated. When calling DirectTVA I just get the run around on this.

I have the HR20-700 receiver that is hooked up to my plasma with the HDMI cable. I tried connecting the composite output from the receiver to my DVD burner but don't get any signal. I verified that my DVD burner is working by connecting it to the composite output of my R15-300 that is in the other room. Is there something special I have to do to get composite output of the HR20-700? I have checked the manual and the boards but this is not mentioned. Or is my receiver bad? Any help is appreciated. When calling DirectTVA I just get the run around on this.
Welcome to the Site !!!
On the HR20-700, all outputs are hot, you should not have any trouble doing what your trying to do.
Are you sure your viewing on the correct output to see the DVD side ?

I just last night took my set up like your talking about apart, so I know it works that way.
I had my HR20-700 going via HDMI connection to the Pioneer Elite and the Component going to the DVR, I didn't use it enough that way is why I took it apart. The Toshiba RX - 32 was taking up more space than anything, I think I'll be looking at a Blu Ray player instead.

Jimbo

Just to check. Are you sure you are connecting to composite on the Hr20 (red/white/yellow) and not component?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts