HR20-700 Remote: RF to IR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I am trying to reprogram my HR20-700 back to IR in order to use it with my Harmony remote. When I use the HR20 remote to do this, everything works fine up until the point where I need to confirm the change. At that time the remote, apparently still in RF mode, doesn't operate the DVR, now in IR mode. How do I get the remote back to IR as well?

1. sat
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 6 1
4. press CH DOWN

I solved the problem by reseting the remote to its factory defaults. I had to reprogram it for my AV and TV, but it works now in IR mode. Thanks for you help though.

Last edited:
There is'nt a way of setting the receiver to work in both IR and RF modes is there? I have an HR21-700 and would love to use my harmony in the living room and the original in rf mode in the bedroom.

There is'nt a way of setting the receiver to work in both IR and RF modes is there? I have an HR21-700 and would love to use my harmony in the living room and the original in rf mode in the bedroom.

I'm confused - are you talking about two different recievers?

No. I only have one reciever but have RCA out to my tv in my bedroom.

I know that the HR20 can't be set for both. Wish it could.:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)