HR20-700 Remote: RF to IR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I am trying to reprogram my HR20-700 back to IR in order to use it with my Harmony remote. When I use the HR20 remote to do this, everything works fine up until the point where I need to confirm the change. At that time the remote, apparently still in RF mode, doesn't operate the DVR, now in IR mode. How do I get the remote back to IR as well?

1. sat
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 6 1
4. press CH DOWN

I solved the problem by reseting the remote to its factory defaults. I had to reprogram it for my AV and TV, but it works now in IR mode. Thanks for you help though.

Last edited:
There is'nt a way of setting the receiver to work in both IR and RF modes is there? I have an HR21-700 and would love to use my harmony in the living room and the original in rf mode in the bedroom.

There is'nt a way of setting the receiver to work in both IR and RF modes is there? I have an HR21-700 and would love to use my harmony in the living room and the original in rf mode in the bedroom.

I'm confused - are you talking about two different recievers?

No. I only have one reciever but have RCA out to my tv in my bedroom.

I know that the HR20 can't be set for both. Wish it could.:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)