HR20-700 Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTVNoob

Mar 23, 2007
Thanks for all the help with the MLB EI/Sports Pack question...now I'll throw another one to the group

I have the HR20-700 receiver and remote and am constantly frustrated by the remote. In order to change the volume I have to press the volume button each time I want to move it, instead of being able to just hold the button down to change the volume. This is very annoying when I need to change the volume a lot.

I talked to a CSR and she said this was the way the remote was designed and there was nothing you can do to change it.

If this is true, any universal remotes you recomend to replace my current DirecTV remote?

It isn't so much how the remote was designed, as how you're tv is interpreting the signal from the remote. As the previous poster said, there may be another code that operates your tv differently. There are universal remotes that can control the hr20, and I personally use 2 Logitech Harmony remotes in my home, a 628 and a 720. If you have a complicated av setup they're great, if you only have a couple of components then you may want to look for something cheaper, but at least take a glance at the harmonies when you get a chance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts