HR20-700 / Sep. 14 & 15 / {CE:09:04} - 0x19A

I cannot access the DOD. In the menu I highlight "On Demand", press O.K. on my remote, and nothing happens.

Same here. But I also don't have the engineering charge on my account although my HR20 is on the net

Can you tune ch. 1000?
Notes from Earl.....

Keyword Search: IWANTMYVOD

Front Panel: Menu & Info

Displays the updated screen: Misc. Option Screen

Tip: remember to select OK on the Misc. Option Screen.
Tip #2: remember to check your channel filters
Tip #3: If after an hour or so, nothing enables... try a reboot.

-----

After enabling the option, some features may not fully enable immediately.
Remote Booking will not be automatically enabled by this procedure, that feature/option will be enabled over the next few weeks.

Somethings to note:
If it doesn't work after a few hours, it might not be you or the HR20. There is another component to DIRECTV on Demand that has to be activated on DIRECTV's side. And we will be working with DirecTV to resolve those issues...
If you don't have your HR20 network, then it won't be available to you.
Report, Report, Report, any and all issues and comments. Details, details, details.
At a minimum we will have two additional threads: VOD Issues, VOD Recommendations be sure to post in the appropriate treads, and if you think a new one is needed feel free to start one.

I just enabled VOD and waited about 5 minutes and then checked for Channel 1000 and it was there. When I hit On Demand in the Menu, it just says Acquiring Guide Data so I am assuming it is downloading stuff in the background. All goodness! Now I just have to wait to see if everything works here!

Ack... now I hit On Demand and I get "1000 (DTV is currently not available".. dang it

Patience is the virtue with the first time on VOD to make sure all the pieces align. It takes a bit to get the guide and shows to show up.

awesome...i got this downloaded and VOD showing up. but i can't even add channel 1000 in my favorites. connection with the network is fine... but after 30 minutes still no VOD and nothing happens when i highlight VOD.

No. That should not have impact on code. Its timing, speed, or not right remote mode.

I had that same issue last week and guy in dbstalk told me he had to remove his for it to work and I told me to try it. I removed mine and It worked.

Tested media share in one machine. No lockup so far.
I haven't experienced the slow banner when changing the channels yet.

Nice. VOD for everyone. Lets just hope they have the engineering line on their account.

THis is my first ce download. How do I get the engineering code on my account. I am assuming that is why nothing happens when I hit On Demand in my menu screen. I enabled itand it shows up in the menu but don't have channel 1000.

Joe,
Did you say you were connected to the internet now , you need to be in order to do the VOD

Yep, I am connected to the internet. I set up a manual IP address and the receiver tests just fine. I hope my Linksys router is not blocking incoming traffic to the receiver.

F.Y.I., it is now six hours later, and channel 1000 still says it is unavailable, and DOD does not work on the menu.

Well... I scoured the dbstalk forums for help... nothing there.

I guess I am going to have to look at "On Demand" in my menu with no functionality.

Yep, I am connected to the internet. I set up a manual IP address and the receiver tests just fine. I hope my Linksys router is not blocking incoming traffic to the receiver.

F.Y.I., it is now six hours later, and channel 1000 still says it is unavailable, and DOD does not work on the menu.

same problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts