HR20-700 Stops Recording Early?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

caspper69

Original poster
Dec 10, 2005
I recorded several programs tonight, two of which were on at the same time. I watched one of the shows, but the other (which was an hour long) stopped recording 31 minutes in. I did not change the channel, and am sure both tuners are working.

Any ideas? This is my third unit in the last week (first one wouldn't tune MPEG-4 stations, second one had tuner 2 die), and I'd like to think I finally have this right, but randomly dropping recording half way through a show is completely unacceptable.

I recorded several programs tonight, two of which were on at the same time. I watched one of the shows, but the other (which was an hour long) stopped recording 31 minutes in. I did not change the channel, and am sure both tuners are working.

Any ideas? This is my third unit in the last week (first one wouldn't tune MPEG-4 stations, second one had tuner 2 die), and I'd like to think I finally have this right, but randomly dropping recording half way through a show is completely unacceptable.

I'll bet that your 31 minute recording was Grey's Anatomy. Seems like just about everyone got a short HD recording on that one. Man.... my wife is P.O.'d!!!!!!!! That was not your hardware. It was a guide data issue. Doesn't change the fact that it didn't record correctly.....

I'll bet that your 31 minute recording was Grey's Anatomy. Seems like just about everyone got a short HD recording on that one. Man.... my wife is P.O.'d!!!!!!!! That was not your hardware. It was a guide data issue. Doesn't change the fact that it didn't record correctly.....
Ok that kinda strange the same thing happen to me with grey's anatomy but I had to recording for greys anatomy in my list one was 28 minutes and the other was the same recording for 1 hour and 2 minutes. I thought it was just me

Yes it was. Luckily we had it on our Comcast DVR. Except for the fact that it too went down right before the end of the show. The woman is exceptionally pissed.

I guess I'll have to keep a closer eye on what's going on.

you can watch the conclusion of the episode online on ABC.com but the error bites none the less.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)